Melia Caribe Tropical, a place where you will be able to enjoy stunning facilities, amusing themed areas designed for children and an exquisite gastronomic variety to satisfy the most demanding palate.
Located in Punta Cana, on the east coast of the Dominican Republic. Only 20 minutes away from Punta Cana International Airport, 50 minutes from Higuey, 90 minutes from La Romana and 3 hours from Santo Domingo city.
1128 spacious suites equipped with A/C system, ceiling fan, cable TV, in room safe ($), direct-dial telephone, private balcony or terrace, large bathroom with bathtub and hair dryer.
184 suites with private and check in/out, butler service, room service, pillow menu, aroma menu, private pool, access to Royal Service lounge offering daily continental breakfast, premium beverage, access to the Gabi Club, a large lagoon style pool with Bali beds, sanded beach style solarium area, restaurant, bar and nightly entertainment.
Bars and Restaurants
The new gastronomic area offers you an exquisite selection of 10 a la carte restaurants and 3 buffet style restaurants:
- Market Place Buffet (capacity for 390 people): featuring six different live cooking buffets, air-conditioned facilities; open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Turey Grill (capacity for 468 people): enjoy a sumptuous beach side international buffet for breakfast, lunch and afternoon snacks/sweets.
- Agora Grill (capacity for 400 people): enjoy a sumptuous beach side international buffet for breakfast, lunch and afternoon snacks/sweets.
10 à la carte air-conditioned dining experiences (dress code and reservation required).
- La Gondola (capacity for 90 people): specializes in Italian cuisine with an antipasto corner.
- Le Gourmet (capacity for 92 people): modern international cuisine.
- Ma Maison (capacity for 92 people): traditional French style restaurant and service.
- Hokkaido (capacity for 36 people): Japanese specialties with Teppanyaki show tables.
- La Pagoda (capacity for 90 people): Thai fusion restaurant.
- Capri (capacity for 92 people): fish and seafood from the Caribbean Sea.
- The American Grill (capacity for 155 people): American cuisine.
- El Guarapo (capacity for 148 people): traditional colonial Dominican cuisine.
- La Hacienda (capacity for 108 people): premium traditional Mexican restaurant.
- The Gabi Club (capacity for 160 people): contemporary cuisine ($), additional charge applies, included for Royal Service guests only.
Offering fashionable cocktails and select International brand drinks.
- Lobby Bar Caribe
- Lobby Bar Tropical
- Caribe and Tropical pool bars
- Turey Grill Bar
- Agora Grill Bar
- Sports Bar
- Holding Bar
- Square Lounge
- Avenue Bar
- Fun Pub
- Gabi Club Bar
- Royal Service Beach Bar
- Royal Service Lounge Bar
Meeting and Convention Facilities
12 meeting rooms, business centre. The Resort offers 12,000 sq.ft. of room space with a capacity of up to 1,000 people divided into 12 meeting rooms, as well as 2 beautiful gazebos for weddings and special events.
Unlimited non-motorized water sports: kayaking, canoeing, windsurfing, water bikes, snorkeling, sunfish sailing and diving tryouts at the pool. Social games (table games, darts, ping-pong, pool games and boccia). Team sports (beach & water volleyball and water polo). Experience an adrenaline rush with our adventure activities which include a 30 ft. climbing wall, zip line (13 ft. high by 180 ft. long) and super jumpers ($). Fitness (morning stretching, steps, aerobics and water aerobics). Experience our nightly program where you can live different ambiances, parties, shows and surprises.
3 exciting clubs with supervised activities for kids, divided by age group: 4 months to 4 years old, 5 to 8 years old, and 9 to 13 years old, 8 tennis courts, 10 swimming pools.
Two full-service Spas with sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi® and gym, included at the Tropical side. Please remember that the age restriction for facility usage is for ages 18+ only. Beauty salon, indoor & outdoor massage therapy and facial & special body treatments, available with an extra charge ($).
27-hole world-class championship golf course Cocotal Golf & Country Club, par 36/72, designed by José “Pepe” Gancedo. Golf cart rentals are mandatory.
Back to the Directory Home Page