Dominican women vs puerto rican women for black men

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Yeah, If a Dominican woman cares about you, you?ll be able to count on her and her family during rough times. Tha's not rare or extreme!

When I get to worked in about 30 minutes I am going to ask every woman I see this same question. If your boyfriend lost his job would you pay 100% of the bills and take him on vacation 3 times. I will ask white women, black women latin women, asian women etc.

Finding stats on a computer and then posting them is not very accurate, but my FIELD study is the most accurate you can get. Also because I live in the 3rd largest city in the USA it is safe to assume that NYC, LA, Atlanta, Houston will not be any different.

Wow this is going to be fun. Tune in tonight for the results around 7:00 P.M.

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
I like that idea but lets make it fair. Dont ask them if they would support you. Ask them about thier boyfriend. (You know the guy who doesnt hate women)

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Well let me clarify.. Your "analysis" is flawed. However I do accept your opinion no matter how wrong it may be. You can't pull random examples out of thin air and paint with a broad stroke about what you think all "middle class" Dominicanas are alike. People tend to look past color and the usual superficial stuff once two people have discovered common interests, likes and qualities. I've met many middle-class Dominicanas. I've never had a problem meeting a middle class dominicana or from all wealth classes and although I'm pr and Ethiopian Im not of the skin color you assume Middle class Dominican women tend to not favor. I guess I am the exception. :confused:

thank you for your erudite exposition on the social nuances, Professor Diable. however, i have been studying the racial nuances of people in this country for more than a quarter of a century, and i prefer to trust what i have distilled, than what your mind tells you is such great orthodoxy. have a nice life.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
When I get to worked in about 30 minutes I am going to ask every woman I see this same question. If your boyfriend lost his job would you pay 100% of the bills and take him on vacation 3 times. I will ask white women, black women latin women, asian women etc.

Finding stats on a computer and then posting them is not very accurate, but my FIELD study is the most accurate you can get. Also because I live in the 3rd largest city in the USA it is safe to assume that NYC, LA, Atlanta, Houston will not be any different.

Wow this is going to be fun. Tune in tonight for the results around 7:00 P.M.
Didn?t this come up because someone said that Dominican women don?t pay bills. How is asking American women going to support your statement?

By the way, when you love someone, you help them out in whatever you can. If you have to pay bills or if taking them on a vacation is within your reach. Why not?

RGVgal

Bronze
May 26, 2008
I have been with ONE, let me write it once more ONE Dominican woman. I have a 9 yrs old daughter with a mexican woman and my daughter in Santo Domingo is now 4 yr old, so tell how was a childless. I met my wife through her cousin which is friend of mine here in Chicago. Her and I were friends for over a year before we became an item. Also I NEVER slept with her during that time ,nor did I care if she had a boyfriend because she did not belong to me. She called me almost everyday after she finished working, and slowly I fell for her.

The last time I dated a Puerto Rican sister I was attending high school, so I do not know where you got that from. I have stated this almost a million times on DR1, JMB773 is not really attracted to Dominican women on the whole, they are beautiful women very beautiful, but they really are not my style. My current girl is from Pakistan and she is divorced with a son close to my 9 yr old in age.

A friend of mined once asked me" it does not bother you that another man may be living with your ex wife, and the money you send her? my response was " children are taken care of by adults if two adults do not see a problem living off another adult who am I to tell them they can't" Some adults enjoy being children and no matter what I do or say will ever change this.

btw Mr DR my wife and time in Santo Domingo was one chapter in my life, it is not JMB773 entire story. I witness alot of men sell their souls, I don't sell mine with them.

So you have been with ONE Dominican, yet you go around talking about us like you are an authority on Dominican women and culture.

It seems to me you married some trashy Dominican girl and now you are upset because she acts like trash. What did you expect?

Dec 26, 2011
Didn?t this come up because someone said that Dominican women don?t pay bills. How is asking American women going to support your statement?

By the way, when you love someone, you help them out in whatever you can. If you have to pay bills or if taking them on a vacation is within your reach. Why not?

My ex-wife is Dominican. From El Este. Met her in Manhattan at a party and we were married about a year later. She was hard-working but never materialistic. I liked to buy her nice things when I could and take her on trips and to nice restaurants. That's what a good man likes to do for the woman she loves. But she never expected it. She'd buy me nice gifts(Scotch) and clothes, with her own money, from time to time.

Fast forward...Had a gf in Villa Mella. Not so good. LOL. Never really gave me anything. When she'd call she'd "beep" me. She never paid for a phone call even though I was giving her $. Lesson learned. Moved on.

Current gf in Veron has an ok job(about 16,000/mo.). Buys me clothes and other stuff(cheap but that's fine by me). One time I was with her and we'd gone through the cash I had, she bought me dinner(nothing fancy). Went to the pharmacy when I got sick to buy me meds with her money even though I told her not to. She'll call me on her dime. Once, early on, she called and I said I'd call her back so she wouldn't use her minutes. She was confused by the suggestion. Is she materialistic? She can be vain and she likes nice things but she works hard and understands that I work hard for mine too.

My point is that individuals are individuals. It's foolish to judge all the men and women in a country based on a bad experience, or even a good one for that matter. If you're looking for more than a pre-paid companion, you have to put your time in and observe the person's day-to-day. When you feel the need to ask a question, ask it and encourage them to do the same. Be yourself and let them be themselves and see where you end up.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Wow, 13 pages in for "will I as a black guy have problems picking up Dominicanas?"

Answer: it depends entirely on you. Again, if you're cool and respectful, they'll be that way, too. If you can meet people back at home, you can certainly do the same in DR, although nothing will help more than a good bit of Spanish.

I just don't get the back and forth. Yes, there are some who will discriminate against you, as others don't date white guys at all. It happens, and shouldn't derail anything in your vacation. Trust, there are TONS of great women who are just fine with (and many who decidedly prefer) a dude with ethnic flavor.

Traveled to DR repeatedly, for varying durations, over the past decade. Never had a problem meeting people, especially women. That includes women out of the touristy areas, with real jobs and grown-up interests.

Look, relatively few people - white, black, green with purple stripes are going to get any closer to dating a Brugal than a Kennedy. Frankly, why would you want to, especially if you're only there for a relatively short time? How would you feel if your sister hooked up with some dude who was in town only for the weekend?

If you're going on vacation, don't try to meet the perfect woman and just have fun. If you're moving there, DO THE EXACT SAME THING, just in more legitimate surroundings. Either way, relax and be yourself. Life is really too short to waste time doing anything else.

diable410

Sep 14, 2011
thank you for your erudite exposition on the social nuances, Professor Diable. however, i have been studying the racial nuances of people in this country for more than a quarter of a century, and i prefer to trust what i have distilled, than what your mind tells you is such great orthodoxy. have a nice life.

spending a quarter of a century studying "racial nuances" would make me a miserable person. I prefer enjoying life and taking in all experiences good and bad.

In the midst all all that studying I hope you've had a moment to actually enjoy the island. :cool:

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
spending a quarter of a century studying "racial nuances" would make me a miserable person. I prefer enjoying life and taking in all experiences good and bad.

In the midst all all that studying I hope you've had a moment to actually enjoy the island. :cool:

to some of us, studying is not a chore. actually, when you have an active mind, you like to keep it busy. you do not simply get out of the way of history, and watch the world go by. some of us actually like to examine the moving parts, to understand how things work. to each his own. learning should never make on miserable. ignorance should.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

to some of us, studying is not a chore. actually, when you have an active mind, you like to keep it busy. you do not simply get out of the way of history, and watch the world go by. some of us actually like to examine the moving parts, to understand how things work. to each his own. learning should never make one miserable. ignorance should.

diable410

Sep 14, 2011
to some of us, studying is not a chore. actually, when you have an active mind, you like to keep it busy. you do not simply get out of the way of history, and watch the world go by. some of us actually like to examine the moving parts, to understand how things work. to each his own. learning should never make on miserable. ignorance should.

I wouldn't consider spending a quarter of a century studying racial nuances of Dominican republic to come up with your conclusion in this thread exactly learning. By hey.. To each his own. ;)

Dec 26, 2011
Seems lot both diable and gorgon have a lot of accumulated wisdom to share. Not sure where you're disagreeing but I guess a p***ing contest is kinda fun now and then. :)

diable410

Sep 14, 2011
To the OP, I hope you can distinguish the jaded responses from the helpful ones. Just enjoy yourself and don't think too hard about meeting the ideal woman. Life is too short and courting/ dating should be fun and not about what one or two people consider discriminable. Good luck!

diable410

Sep 14, 2011
Seems lot both diable and gorgon have a lot of accumulated wisdom to share. Not sure where you're disagreeing but I guess a p***ing contest is kinda fun now and then. :)

Hahaha. I think Gorgon wins in the wisdom department. Im only 33.... During some of those years Gorgon was studying racial nuances in DR, I was more concerned with Muppet Babies and GI Joe action figures.

Dec 26, 2011
Hahaha. I think Gorgon wins in the wisdom department. Im only 33.... During some of those years Gorgon was studying racial nuances in DR, I was more concerned with Muppet Babies and GI Joe action figures.

That's all we needed- a winner. Now we can move on. :)

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
So you have been with ONE Dominican, yet you go around talking about us like you are an authority on Dominican women and culture.

It seems to me you married some trashy Dominican girl and now you are upset because she acts like trash. What did you expect?

Read and understand:

A. I am part African American and I have NEVER had the pleasure to date a AA woman in life, but I can tell you everything about black women from A to Z.

B. I am part Puerto Rican and I had one serious realtionship with a Puerto Rican girl back in high school, yet I can tell everything you need to know about Chicago Puerto Rican women.

C. My first child is with a Mexican and she is the only Mexican I have been with, yet I have a pretty understanding of the Chicago Mexicans.

JMB773 Does not have to share is bed to understand a group of people, maybe you do but not the kid. I know about Dominicans because of years of observation and listening to your conversations. For me the Dominican Republic starts and end with my daughter. Do you really think I want to be one of those guys that have sex with a woman to prove a point that I can get sex? Years back I had Dominican women thinking I was gay because I would not take them back to my room, and in my head I am thinking" mami you can think I'm RUPAUL all I care because no chance am I taking you to my room"

Lastly you are NOT insulting me by calling your OWN countrymen trashy, she is Dominican just like you. Calling another human being trashy not to mention your own shows me that I really need to bring my daughter to Chicago. I would never refer to my people as trash.

BTW My wife has one child in Santo Domingo with a man she was once married to, so she can't be to "trashy" I know waht you are trying to do, but it won't work. You see you do not represent the Dominican Republic or Dominicans, you represent you. Only trash would call another human being trash. Enjoy your night.

Last edited:

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
I am bit curious about your question. Why do you want to date a Puerto Rican or Dominican over a African American woman? There are many educated, beautiful African American women with their own money you can date. Look both Dominican and Puerto Rican women are fine choices, but if you are looking to start a family African American women are a better choice economically.

BTW If you choose to date a Dominican woman in DR and marry her understand that you will pay almost 95% of the bills, but if you really like Dominican and Puerto Rican women DO YOU and good luck on your courting whoever you decide.

Choosing a Dominican woman over an African American woman is a better choice mentally.. So make your choice.. wanna keep your money, or your sanity.. I choose my sanity so I'll stick with my Dominicana :) Take everything JMB says with a grain of salt, he only dated hood rats in the DR so he's a bit jaded if you know what I'm saying.

ALL African American women have a huge chip on their shoulder so they will do whatever they can to make themselves look good and make you look bad, will drive you crazy after a short while (See how generalizations work JMB?)

Status
Not open for further replies.