AntiHatianismo

Status
Not open for further replies.

delite

Bronze
Oct 17, 2006
My family is from Haiti's southern peninsula...Les Cayes and Jeremie. We are geographically closest to Cuba and Jamaica.

Spent early years in Potoprens......a few years in Senegal and Chad.....early teen-age years in Montreal...and finally ended up in Vermont and Massachusetts.

Did my graduate studies along Boston's Charles River....currently working in investment banking...and keep homes in Boston Florida and Haiti (which I rediscovered as parents returned there for retirement).

I speak Haitian.....English...French.

I knew very little about DR..its people or its history.......only recently have started to acquire more information.

I don't have any Dominican in my inner circle either personally or profesionally....and I have zero knowledge of spanish.

I am a Libertarian..Atheist...Haitianist....and don't believe in the out of africa theory for all mankind.

I believe religion is too important to share with other nations/people........so I support Haitian Vaudou against the catholic haitians and especially the protestants.....support Hindu nationalism..and all other one nation/people cultural traits. I think these nation-unique traits make for a more interesting world.

That's all for now...lol

Are you able to speak the indigenous languages of Chad and Senegal?

GWOZOZO

Bronze
Dec 7, 2011
It will.

Haitians as a whole need to be recognize they are being manipulated by their government and have been since it's inception. The enemy is not the blan, we humans are all brothers in fact.

Dominicans for their part need to recognize when they are being manipulated as well. They did oust Trujillo so they should be given credit. Their obvious show of support after the earthquake for Haitians should not so easily be discounted by the pc crowd either.

Bottom line is few do more for poor Haitians than the DR.

1. All animals are brothers...not just humans.

2. Support after the earthquake came from far and wide...nothing special about DRs support.

3. No other country benefitted as much from the earthquake with construction contracts and items sold to Haiti.

4. The recent almost heart attack from DR over a small ban from Haiti shows that it is DR that actually needs Haiti.

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
Lets hope "nowadays" is forever!

Liberal intellectuals consider the second US intervention to have been unfortunate, but what they aren't seeing is that the danger of an "assault on the heavens" by a communist faction was very great. If a party as such would have been organized and successful in taking power, the transition from a fascistic regime to a communistic one would have been far smoother than it was in the Cuban case, since at the time the majority of the wealth of this country was at the hands of the state (via the enterprises of the CORDE complex), so there would have been little or nothing of wealth on private hands to "nationalize".

Last edited:

delite

Bronze
Oct 17, 2006
1. All animals are brothers...not just humans.

2. Support after the earthquake came from far and wide...nothing special about DRs support.

3. No other country benefitted as much from the earthquake with construction contracts and items sold to Haiti.

4. The recent almost heart attack from DR over a small ban from Haiti shows that it is DR that actually needs Haiti.

Gwozo,

I understand that you are nationalistic and that is all good but you cannot dismiss the AID rendered from The DR. The Dominicans, being your neighbor, were the first ones in with food and rescuers. They were the first to establish mobile communication to communicate with the world; especially in Port-au Prince.
Dominican doctors, nurses, and even soldiers were dispatched to aid in rescue, medicine and security.

When the airport was damaged and wasn't accepting planes, many countries gained access to suffering people through the DR. Many injured people were evacuated immediately to hospitals in Santiago and other parts of the country. As a humanitarian effort, the border was even relaxed to allow massive flows of indigent seeking food and medical attention.

High level meetings were held in the DR between Preval and Fernandez to coordinate the delivery of aid both financial and logistics. And last, we cannot forget the warmth of the Dominican population organizing fund raisers and also caring for orphaned children.

delite

Bronze
Oct 17, 2006
Liberal intellectuals consider the second US intervention to have been unfortunate, but what they aren't seeing is that the danger of an "assault on the heavens" by a communist faction was very great. If a party as such would have been organized and successful in taking power, the transition from a fascistic regime to a communistic one would have been far smoother than it was in the Cuban case, since at the time the majority of the wealth of this country was at the hands of the state (via the enterprises of the CORDE complex), so there would have been little or nothing of wealth on private hands to "nationalize".

I try to avoid labels as much as possible because I believe people, generally speaking, aren't at the extremes at all i.e. liberals, conservative, libertarian, neo-con. In my opinion, these labels do more damage to civil discussion because there are already preconceived perceptions which sometimes don't manifest itself.

Trujillo was supported by the US and I believe his judgement day was ordained by the States also. Maybe ten years from now under something like The Freedom of Information Act, we the public, would know exactly what transpired.

GWOZOZO

Bronze
Dec 7, 2011
Gwozo,

I understand that you are nationalistic and that is all good but you cannot dismiss the AID rendered from The DR. The Dominicans, being your neighbor, were the first ones in with food and rescuers. They were the first to establish mobile communication to communicate with the world; especially in Port-au Prince.
Dominican doctors, nurses, and even soldiers were dispatched to aid in rescue, medicine and security.

When the airport was damaged and wasn't accepting planes, many countries gained access to suffering people through the DR. Many injured people were evacuated immediately to hospitals in Santiago and other parts of the country. As a humanitarian effort, the border was even relaxed to allow massive flows of indigent seeking food and medical attention.

High level meetings were held in the DR between Preval and Fernandez to coordinate the delivery of aid both financial and logistics. And last, we cannot forget the warmth of the Dominican population organizing fund raisers and also caring for orphaned children.

I am not dismissing any of the AID received from around the world....including from DR.

Being on the same landmass of course the first foreigners would be from DR.

DR being next door was the best/easiest place logistically for the rest of the world to use when the real aid started coming in.

But DR or no DR...the AID would have arrived.

delite

Bronze
Oct 17, 2006
I am not dismissing any of the AID received from around the world....including from DR.

Being on the same landmass of course the first foreigners would be from DR.

DR being next door was the best/easiest place logistically for the rest of the world to use when the real aid started coming in.

Gwozo,

To each... his/her own.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
In Haiti there is not a campaign against Dominicans. One can see Dominicans living a normal life and going about their daily life without thinking how will the Haitians treat me once they know I am Dominican. Haiti does not have antidominicanismo. The Haitian society rather has negative stereotypes towards Dominicans. Here is a list of how Haitians view Dominicans.

1. Dominican women are promiscuous.
2. Dominican men are feminine
3. Dominicans are alcoholics
4. Dominicans speak a horrible/unintelligble Spanish.
5. Dominicans are thieves.
6. Dominicans in majority are uneducated and one speaks good Spanish it's shocking (not Dominican).
7. Dominicans are mostly dope dealers.
8. Dominicans don't like to work (lazy).
9. Dominicans don't take pride in education.
10. Dominican food for the most part is too bland, but make good Pollo.
11. Dominican men are cowards
These are not anti dominicanism rather stereotypes which an average Haitians have of Dominicans. I hope others chime in.

The Haitians are always bitching about Dominicans.
Dominican Republic is 84% - 90% Afro-descendant - YouTube

JJ

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
As for CBs continuing stuff.. yeah.. no rebar because it is expensive.. and they watered down the concrete .. incredibly stupid, right? lack of foresight? no. poverty? yes. Or.. maybe the Montana was built without rebar in which case it was just .. trying to milk it milk it.. which Haitians are good for as well. Building code? that would be? what? You want to take the risk.go ahead and do it. So I am willing to give you a whole lot of stupid.
But you cannot look at the list that I posted and tell me that their "friends" have been any help, can you?
Expensive or any other reason, fact is Haitian CHOICES caused much, if not MOST of the problems post-earthquake. Had they chosen not to build without rebar, the destruction would have been vastly minimized.

As far as "friends" go, again, Haiti ALLOWED themselves into those relationships. For every sucker there is a suckee. They created their own mess by ALLOWING and SUPPORTING dictators, etc.

You want to make excuses and make Haiti the victim. That's how you roll. I have no personal vested interest in Haitian history and therefore can view mit more dispassionately.

Human institutions are subject to humans; the more flawed the humans are, the more flawed the decisions will be, and the downstream effect is, well, Haiti.

Please explain to me how and why the US or any world gubmint wants Haiti to fail. I don't think YOU believe that; I'm more curious at the reasoning of your friend...

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Not with the main port in rubble, and other Haitian ports totally inadequate to receive a parade for merchant vessels.

There is only so much that can be brought in by air.

GWOZOZO

Bronze
Dec 7, 2011
Not with the main port in rubble, and other Haitian ports totally inadequate to receive a parade for merchant vessels.

There is only so much that can be brought in by air.

So I guess if Haiti was an island .....no help would have arrived?

DR was the easiest route...simply because it is there.

If it was not there..the aid would have arrived by air...by boat...by smaller planes from Jamaica..Cuba...and turk and Caicos etc.

If you want to beat your chest simply for your geographical location....and it makes you feel good...go for it.

The way we see it...DR benefitted way beyound its little assistance.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
So I guess if Haiti was an island .....no help would have arrived?

DR was the easiest route...simply because it is there.

If it was not there..the aid would have arrived by air...by boat...by smaller planes from Jamaica..Cuba...and turk and Caicos etc.

If you want to beat your chest simply for your geographical location....and it makes you feel good...go for it.

The way we see it...DR benefitted way beyound its little assistance.
Your initial statement showed a complete lack of understanding of logistics support, and how large quantites of goods are shipped.

There is no beating of chests. FACT is the ONLY viable solutions for supplying Haiti was through the DR. That's what MONTHS of constant tractor trailers going through Jimani was all about.

There is NO WAY airplanes can carry 5% of the required supplies going into Haitian relief.

GWOZOZO

Bronze
Dec 7, 2011
Your initial statement showed a complete lack of understanding of logistics support, and how large quantites of goods are shipped.

There is no beating of chests. FACT is the ONLY viable solutions for supplying Haiti was through the DR. That's what MONTHS of constant tractor trailers going through Jimani was all about.

There is NO WAY airplanes can carry 5% of the required supplies going into Haitian relief.

Again...if Haiti was an island would there have been no AID?????

The WORLD simply used DR as the easiest way to get things in.

That is not AID from DR.

Credit goes to the donating countries in North-America...Europe and elsewhere.

Sep 4, 2012

The WORLD simply used DR as the easiest way to get things in.

That is not AID from DR.

Credit goes to the donating countries in North-America...Europe and elsewhere.

And the world is getting tired of the same lack of progress from people that rather wait for aid and relief all the time.

I'll quote post # 7 of this same thread because it kind'a fit right in granted the few responses above.

BTW, not too long ago DR donated a university to Haiti, and to spit in the face of DR I guess, they decided to named it after this murderer. In good old Dominican Haitians are and always have been uno' malo' agradecidos, there's no other country who has helped them more than DR.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Hypothetical.

Haiti is not an island, and required Dominican ports to bring in the ships with aid.

Nobody ever said the aid was from the DR people/gubmint, although they were quite generous.

GWOZOZO

Bronze
Dec 7, 2011
And the world is getting tired of the same lack of progress from people that rather wait for aid and relief all the time.

I'll quote post # 7 of this same thread because it kind'a fit right in granted the few responses above.

1. So now you speak for the world.

2. Any nation tired of giving AID and relief can stop giving AID and relief. The whining solves nothing.

3. DR is free to close its border to all movements of people and goods...and is free to refuse services to the haitians in DR.

4. DR did not donate any so called university. A DR construction company built a few buildings in the haitian countryside to be used as university.......in the deal several construction contracts were awarded to dominican companies for post earthquake reconstruction.

5. The little equivalent of a high school campus is in Haiti and Haitians have a right to name it after anyone they see fit.

6. Anry Kristoff is a Haitian national hero...it is of ZERO importance how Dominicans see him.

7. If Haitians have always been "uno malo agradecidos" whatever that means......then why are dominicans insisting on what they perceive as helping or giving?

8. Finally the crying over the little bans shows that it is haiti helping DR....and it is DR begging for Haitian trade.

GWOZOZO

Bronze
Dec 7, 2011
Hypothetical.

Haiti is not an island, and required Dominican ports to bring in the ships with aid.

Nobody ever said the aid was from the DR people/gubmint, although they were quite generous.

So pat yourself on the back for geography.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
1. So now you speak for the world.

2. Any nation tired of giving AID and relief can stop giving AID and relief. The whining solves nothing.

3. DR is free to close its border to all movements of people and goods...and is free to refuse services to the haitians in DR.

4. DR did not donate any so called university. A DR construction company built a few buildings in the haitian countryside to be used as university.......in the deal several construction contracts were awarded to dominican companies for post earthquake reconstruction.

5. The little equivalent of a high school campus is in Haiti and Haitians have a right to name it after anyone they see fit.

6. Anry Kristoff is a Haitian national hero...it is of ZERO importance how Dominicans see him.

7. If Haitians have always been "uno malo agradecidos" whatever that means......then why are dominicans insisting on what they perceive as helping or giving?

8. Finally the crying over the little bans shows that it is haiti helping DR....and it is DR begging for Haitian trade.

10 million people even if they only spend a few pesos each is a lot of buying power. Of course Dominican businesses want to sell in Haiti, and if Haitians had their **** together they would be providing the products themselves, forcing down the prices for all consumers, if free market rules were allowed.
Your criticism of the University is kind of nasty. After they didn't have to build anything. Talk about insensitive.
Canadian military aid planes flew directly into Haiti and only used the DR for R&R.

Status
Not open for further replies.