American dating a dominican woman 101

Status
Not open for further replies.

oceanspear

Nov 23, 2012
I think we as men, get ourselves in trouble because we start fantasazing how things are, or how a woman is...we idealize one person and hinge all of our life around someone elses life. I could care less if this Joe guy, marries or not the DR chica.. he just met her less say for less than a year and he is willing to put his lifestyle,finances and future on the line!!. to be fair I wonder how old this guy is and how old the chica is. You can give someone with that mindset all of the advice you want... but when you are p..y wept.... You don't listen to reasoning or to the logical sense of things. We as men have failed miserably at valuing ourselves more and need to stop putting some women (not all) on a pedestal who do not deserve it, based solely on looks or youth. Are we that desperate nowadays?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I think we as men, get ourselves in trouble because we start fantasazing how things are, or how a woman is...we idealize one person and hinge all of our life around someone elses life. I could care less if this Joe guy, marries or not the DR chica.. he just met her less say for less than a year and he is willing to put his lifestyle,finances and future on the line!!. to be fair I wonder how old this guy is and how old the chica is. You can give someone with that mindset all of the advice you want... but when you are p..y wept.... You don't listen to reasoning or to the logical sense of things. We as men have failed miserably at valuing ourselves more and need to stop putting some women (not all) on a pedestal who do not deserve it, based solely on looks or youth. Are we that desperate nowadays?

we appear to be.

Aug 6, 2006
but when you are p..y wept.... You don't listen to reasoning or to the logical sense of things.

==============================================================
A POWERFUL God is the Great God Horn!

PaGuyinDr

Sep 2, 2013
Hello, this is Mrs PAGuy in DR. I will provide you some information, first I would like to make you aware that there are cultural differences and boundaries should be set early, before commitments are made. Educated Dominican women are as talented as any and kinder than most. I am an educated Dominican that have done very well in the US. If your girlfriend is upper class Dominican, a budget discussion may be necessary.
I recommend you call the US immigration Bureau and discuss your wedding plans and get information on what is required to bring her in the US. If she is willing to transfer her studies to the US, that may be a faster solution, but you need to discuss who will continue to pay education expenses as they are significantly higher in the US. I wish you all the best, Mrs. PA Guy in the DR

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I recently started dating a Dominican girl and want to know what it take to bring her to America. What would be the over all cost of marrying her? Some people I heard from say it's thousands of dollars. Also, what is her earning potential in America if she's in college. Just want to know what I'm getting into bringing her here to America financially in the beginning stage. I seen post on here about this subject but it's pieces here and there and never saw enough info.

Go up to 128th St. in the Bronx and find a Dominican gal there. If you can survive that experience than you can move on to the next level. Are you OUT of your MIND. You have what we call "island fever". There are thousands of Dominican women who want you to do just as you are describing. You are their ticket out of the DR. They love that thought, not you. When you say you are "dating" what does that mean? You met someone on vacation? This happens everyday and most of them do not end well. Let it go before you start making auto payments to DR.

LTSteve

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Go up to 128th St. in the Bronx and find a Dominican gal there. If you can survive that experience than you can move on to the next level. Are you OUT of your MIND. You have what we call "island fever". There are thousands of Dominican women who want you to do just as you are describing. You are their ticket out of the DR. They love that thought, not you. When you say you are "dating" what does that mean? You met someone on vacation? This happens everyday and most of them do not end well. Let it go before you start making auto payments to DR.

LTSteve

minor correction, LTSteve. there is no 128 street in the Bronx.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
I will never understand the reason why so many men feel the need to bring women into this country. I have ZERO problem with a person coming to the USA the right way like my 1st child mother. She NEVER in a million years would have married anybody just to come to the USA. She left Mexico when she was around 13 yrs old and now she is a R.N at a very good hospital.

To the OP: Find somebody that is already living in the USA legally. The USA is not just your country it belongs to every American on the globe, and there are so many CUTS and CUT BACKS in the system as it is for Americans and now you and so many other men want to complicate our system which is already in need of an overhaul by bringing people here trough marriage!!!

IMO Scholarships should ONLY be given to American citizens PERIOD!!! When I was a student college tuition was not as expensive as it is now. I have daughter that will be going to college in the near future Notre Dame in South Bend or UT in Austin Texas and the tuition to both school are very expensive. I as an American should not have to push my daughter into basketball so her tuition is paid for even though she is a great basketball player.

China, Japan, Israel, India, Dominican Republic etc have such great schools with "UPPER CLASS" people so why is everyone trying to come to the USA and take spots from American children???? America is such a bad place with a TERRIBLE culture yet I see so many students in our schools are from ALL OVER THE GLOBE.

Marry your educated Dominican lady and STAY in DR, why come to the USA when the DR have so many opportunities. Ask many of the posters on this board and they will tell you how awful the USA is compared to DR.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I will never understand the reason why so many men feel the need to bring women into this country. I have ZERO problem with a person coming to the USA the right way like my 1st child mother. She NEVER in a million years would have married anybody just to come to the USA. She left Mexico when she was around 13 yrs old and now she is a R.N at a very good hospital.

To the OP: Find somebody that is already living in the USA legally. The USA is not just your country it belongs to every American on the globe, and there are so many CUTS and CUT BACKS in the system as it is for Americans and now you and so many other men want to complicate our system which is already in need of an overhaul by bringing people here trough marriage!!!

IMO Scholarships should ONLY be given to American citizens PERIOD!!! When I was a student college tuition was not as expensive as it is now. I have daughter that will be going to college in the near future Notre Dame in South Bend or UT in Austin Texas and the tuition to both school are very expensive. I as an American should not have to push my daughter into basketball so her tuition is paid for even though she is a great basketball player.

China, Japan, Israel, India, Dominican Republic etc have such great schools with "UPPER CLASS" people so why is everyone trying to come to the USA and take spots from American children???? America is such a bad place with a TERRIBLE culture yet I see so many students in our schools are from ALL OVER THE GLOBE.

Marry your educated Dominican lady and STAY in DR, why come to the USA when the DR have so many opportunities. Ask many of the posters on this board and they will tell you how awful the USA is compared to DR.
Most international students are not on scholarships and their tuition is much, much higher than citizens. This applies to almost every country in the world. Many of those Dominican students that get scholarships have their scholarship paid for by the Dominican government or private foundations, so it isn't American taxpayers paying for it.
The high price of tuition in the USA has nothing to do with international students but everything to do with the education industry.
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424127887324549004579068992834736138

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Most international students are not on scholarships and their tuition is much, much higher than citizens. This applies to almost every country in the world. Many of those Dominican students that get scholarships have their scholarship paid for by the Dominican government or private foundations, so it isn't American taxpayers paying for it.
The high price of tuition in the USA has nothing to do with international students but everything to do with the education industry.
Why Is Tuition So High? Three Economists Debate - WSJ.com

Bob how is it you have spend so much time all over the world yet you do not know how the world works????

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Why Is Tuition So High? Three Economists Debate - WSJ.com

Exactly Bob, I paid twice the amount of a regular US student. I was not eligible for any scholarships (and I saw plenty of of mediocre US students who had everything paid for).
My younger cousin, whom I am helping, is now studying in Canada.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Exactly Bob, I paid twice the amount of a regular US student. I was not eligible for any scholarships (and I saw plenty of of mediocre US students who had everything paid for).
My younger cousin, whom I am helping, is now studying in Canada.
Still expense but much cheaper than the USA.

Curacaoleno

Bronze
Apr 26, 2013

Maybe he wont be able to get a decent job easily as he don't want to work for a dollar day.. Also the security aspect in the DR may also not be appealing to most people.. corrupt cops etc..
Several friends always tell me.. in the DR you work hard to survive.. in other countries you work hard to have a decent life

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Schools set aside money for international students. Some people do not qualify but some do. All international students do not pay double for tuition.

University of Illinois is not a really expensive school like so of the others, but if you are an international student you will pay close to 50,000USD while an Illinois resident pays around 30,000USD.

Why should a woman from India have the same cost as a woman BORN and RAISED in Illinois which is HER SCHOOL!!!

How many Dominican families can pay almost 50,000USD for tuition, room& board, and fees??? I do not know many!!!

And like I said U of I is not even considered a expensive school.

Curacaoleno

Bronze
Apr 26, 2013
a lot of times during conversations girls are telling me that they rather want to be with me than with pedro, but the reason why they are still better of with pedro is because pedro can dance bachata, merengue and salsa with them all night, pedro can have conversations on a stupid level i will never ever reach, pedro knows how they think and knows what they want.

However Pedro is bad for the average Dominicana.. He has no steady work, likes to party, lives in a shed and is only out to impregnate as many barrio queens as possible and will never ever take care of his offspring..

Joe15

Mar 3, 2014
C'mon Joe.. admit it. You're the guy that was going to do the Latin Affairs thing, aren't you? Not your "friend" Really obvious now.

None of you know me here so why would I say my friend but since that makes you happy. Go for it, I'm also the guy looking for prostitutes at car washes. I'm 90 year white male paying thousands to a company for love. I also drink red bull and have wings so I few to DR and met my girlfriend yesterday. I don't know, you have me figured out.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Schools set aside money for international students. Some people do not qualify but some do. All international students do not pay double for tuition.

University of Illinois is not a really expensive school like so of the others, but if you are an international student you will pay close to 50,000USD while an Illinois resident pays around 30,000USD.

Why should a woman from India have the same cost as a woman BORN and RAISED in Illinois which is HER SCHOOL!!!

How many Dominican families can pay almost 50,000USD for tuition, room& board, and fees??? I do not know many!!!

And like I said U of I is not even considered a expensive school.

because she will study harder and do research while being paid 5 peanuts ? :)
Just kidding, I guess you could say that for a student from California....

anyway,not in a mood to argue, if you thinking about a basket ball scholarship for your daughter, sell a watch or 2 and invest in a tutors or college funds. Any US student with half a brain can attend a decent university in their own country/state. punto.

Back to carwashes in DR ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.