BREAKING NEWS...Dominican Republic Purchases Haiti !

Status
Not open for further replies.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Far fetched?? I don't think so but of course I have spent my career as a real estate speculator. I know that 99.9 % of the members here think there is absolutely no hope for the failed state of Haiti ,but think about all the reasons (and let's talk about) why that thinking can be flawed. Location, location, location. The hub of the caribeean . The strategic port.
Resources. World powers would give the DR all the money we want. World support for "the humanity of the gesture". Look at this from a point of view as what we could have in 20 -25 years.

It would be very easy to discuss the chaos that exists there now. In fact ,a day doesn't go by that we don't discuss it. Border control, use of hospitals, Labor. Ilegals (the topic of choice here for some on DR1). All of that is yesterday's and today's news. What we really need is to discuss now is what could be the headlines in 20 years. Is it at all possible...why not?

And BTW, I thought we might move on to the big stuff instead of the pros and cons of eating with a used plastic fork. LOL.

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
Far fetched?? I don't think so but of course I have spent my career as a real estate speculator. I know that 99.9 % of the members here think there is absolutely no hope for the failed state of Haiti ,but think about all the reasons (and let's talk about) why that thinking can be flawed. Location, location, location. The hub of the caribeean . The strategic port.
Resources. World powers would give the DR all the money we want. World support for "the humanity of the gesture". Look at this from a point of view as what we could have in 20 -25 years.

It would be very easy to discuss the chaos that exists there now. In fact ,a day doesn't go by that we don't discuss it. Border control, use of hospitals, Labor. Ilegals (the topic of choice here for some on DR1). All of that is yesterday's and today's news. What we really need is to discuss now is what could be the headlines in 20 years. Is it at all possible...why not?

And BTW, I thought we might move on to the big stuff instead of the pros and cons of eating with a used plastic fork. LOL.
They will need to negotiate with me since I already own it. I bought it a few years ago. My attorney is working on the deslinde. This month I gave him another $10,000 because he said the title should be ready mañana.

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
They will need to negotiate with me since I already own it. I bought it a few years ago. My attorney is working on the deslinde. This month I gave him another $10,000 because he said the title should be ready mañana.
What are going to do with all the squatters ?

• Haha
Reactions: reilleyp and johne

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
In its current state, Haiti has no where to go but up. In five years time, assuming the Russia-Ukraine conflict is resolved and developed countries have better mitigation measures in place to deal with the impacts of climate change, the political focus could shift to Haiti. Other countries might be willing to spend money and resources to resolve some of the problems.

If the political will can be generated, the UN could cobble together a new Haiti initiative and intervene with a multinational force to stabilize the country, restore basic infrastructure, and the rule of law. After some semblance of order is restored, the onus would be on the Haitians to restore order in their own country again. Probably their last chance to show the world they can do it.

Haiti’s resources and development potential are not the main reason other countries would be willing to get involved. Haiti’s unproven resources are surplus to world needs. The scale of Haiti’s problems are guaranteed to get worse and these problems have the potential to spread to other countries including the US. What’s happening in the DR is a sign of what’s to come for other countries. Boatloads of Haitians ending up on other countries shores and the need to prevent that is the main reason why other countries might be motivated to do something about the problem.

it’s impossible to predict what Haiti would look like 15 to 20 years from now with no assistance from other countries. Haiti has a long history of being politically unstable.

Reactions: johne

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Haiti has so much downside left, it is unimaginable how much worse it can still get. There isn't enough money in Haiti for them to pay someone to take it over.

Reactions: AlaPlaya and cavok

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
What part of "there is no Dominican solution to Haiti" is not clear enough?

This is said multiple times a year by many Dominican presidents including the current one. A presidential aspirant says "in the DR doesn't fit two stars," that too said multiple times.

This isn't particularly new. In the report of the Commission of the USA about their visit to the DR in the 1870's there are many responses to questionaires done to several foreigners atthat time living throughout the DR, Santo Domingo among them. Not only do all mention basically that Dominicans have no interest in Haiti all, but one goes as far to say that Dominucans wouldn't want to rule Haiti even if it was given to them, in that case Dominicans would prefer to relinquish their independence to another power from outside the island than to have the Haitians rule over Dominicans again, having the Dominicans ruling over the Haitians or having Dominicans and Haitians ruling equally under one country. He was right and that was over 100 years ago when Haiti partially functional (hence a union between Dominicans and Haitians would had been easier than today from a logistic point of view!)

Looking at hindsight, the best things Dominicans did was separating from Haiti when the chance appeared. There is no going back regardless what happens.

Last edited:

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Yes I heard it will be converted into a hub for shipping cheap useless Chinese goods
Recolonization is the only way they will ever have a functioning country as they have repeatedly shown the rest of the world they are incapable of doing it on their own.

Hey John, you buy, I'll fly.

Reactions: Squat and johne

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Recolonization is the only way they will ever have a functioning country as they have repeatedly shown the rest of the world they are incapable of doing it on their own.

Hey John, you buy, I'll fly.
Now that's a sensible thought and observation . "Recolonization" is similar to "Proposal to Purchase."

Reactions: CristoRey

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
What part of "there is no Dominican solution to Haiti" is not clear enough?

This is said multiple times a year by many Dominican presidents including the current one. A presidential aspirant says "in the DR doesn't fit two stars," that too said multiple times.

This isn't particularly new. In the report of the Commission of the USA about their visit to the DR in the 1870's there are many responses to questionaires done to several foreigners atthat time living throughout the DR, Santo Domingo among them. Not only do all mention basically that Dominicans have no interest in Haiti all, but one goes as far to say that Dominucans wouldn't want to rule Haiti even if it was given to them, in that case Dominicans would prefer to relinquish their independence to another power from outside the island than to have the Haitians rule over Dominicans again, having the Dominicans ruling over the Haitians or having Dominicans and Haitians ruling equally under one country. He was right and that was over 100 years ago when Haiti partially functional (hence a union between Dominicans and Haitians would had been easier than today from a logistic point of view!)

Looking at hindsight, the best things Dominicans did was separating from Haiti when the chance appeared. There is no going back regardless what happens.
You wish to bring 100-150 years into focus in the year 2023? Who says (honestly) "they have no interest in Haiti at all" while still playing a game of liar's poker? If you lived in a fine house but had a nuisance neighbor.., dirty, noisy, overrun with problems for you day in and day out, wouldn't you want to rid yourself of those problems? Wouldn't you try to buy them out? I would. And I have done it in the past. Those possibilitis exist here ...IMO.

Reactions: CristoRey

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
johne wants to occupy the presidential palace
Not really but would love to have the opportunity to be part of (tiny tiny part) of an investment opportunity. I firmly believe there are a multitude of ops to be had. Problem is I don't have age on my side and that is the only reason I won't be able to persure it. If I was in the 25-45 y.o. bracket that would be another story.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
You make a start with the investment, johne, and I'll follow if you are successful! :)
LOL. How many times have you seen" the train already left the station"? Don't work that way. You need to read tomorrow's 's news today.

Status
Not open for further replies.