Newbie - First Full Day In La Republica - Some Thoughts

bizzyboneizo

Aug 31, 2010
missed my damn flight today spent all day on the phone trying to not loss the entire flight were they wanted me to pay for a new one but i have another flight on the 5th hopefully i can have a nice drink in the warm weather

PeteyPablo

Bronze
Apr 30, 2011
missed my damn flight today spent all day on the phone trying to not loss the entire flight were they wanted me to pay for a new one but i have another flight on the 5th hopefully i can have a nice drink in the warm weather

That's quite a downer. Best of luck to you, hope you make it!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Several years ago,a male friend came to visit me here,from California.
I fixed him up with an "X" from Bonao.They went out to dinner on day one,he went to visit her in Bonao on day two.She came to SD on day three,and spent the night in his bed.Next morning,I asked him how "IT" was???
He said that he "sensed" that she was "Not Ready".Now this very pretty,sexy,intelligent,you girl,was the best "IT",I had ever experience,BY FAR!
I should have married HER!
Anyway,I told my friend that she would think he was "GAY" if he didn't make his move."No Way!",he said."WAY"!,I said.
He left without ever doing "IT" with her.
She asked if he was "GAY"????
He was from San Francisco!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
If you don't have sex with a Dominican girl for your own moral,or religious reasons,that's one thing,but if you think you are being a "Gentleman" by waiting,DON"T!
That's NOT how it works here!
It's "OLD SCHOOL" here.
Why do you think so many of us X-pats chose the DR?

xwill

Dec 2, 2011
you are over thinking everything... Just sit back and sip on some mamajuana and have some pollo al carbon with bachata at ear splitting levels lol

AlexMitchell

Dec 6, 2011
Thanks folks. Ok. Been here since the 29th, today is the 7th (morning) Some more thoughts:

--Dogs are neglected here. Example - I live in a revlatively quite residential neighborhood. Newish construction. There is a large dog that has been sitting in the same spot by on my residential street - essentially dying for the last 3 days.

--I do not like taking cold showers, or the lack of hot water, but that is the way it is here, as I am told. That was a shock to me, but I figured out a system to get through it.

--Every Dominican woman I have met thinks Dominican men are terrible

--I get tired of speaking Spanish all day, though I am pretty good at it.

--I thought I had an obviously American accent when I speak Spanish, but every one asks me what country I am from

--I lost power for 12 hours, the goverment apparently notified the landlord first. Did not like that one bit. We have battery power, but refigerator and internet went out.

--I was told I could make UP TO 140pesos/hour working in an English speaking call center. That is GOOD MONEY. That comes out to about $3.5/hr. I made $4.25/hr -minimum wage- at my very first job in 1995

--There are business opportunities here for the entrepreneur - such as buying Blackberry phones in the states and selling them here.

--Thank goodness I have not been in any unsafe situation or seen any violence. But, while at the mall with an amiga, she suddenly insisted VERY STRONGLY that we leave because she saw her ex there. I didnt see him.

--Guys at every grocery store, mall, and tienda in town carrying shot guns is weird for me.

--I dont have a girlfiend. I have been seeing a woman who has 3 kids. I have 0 kids. We are the same age. EVERYONE is warning me against it. I know why. My landlord says she's roping me in, and that the pressures of being a single mom with 3 kids will eventually outweigh her decency, and she will eventually ask me for something monetary. I dont know the truth of this but I can tell a decent person when after spending time with one. We are not exclusive, but she is the coolest Dominican woman I have me to date. What's crazy is what we are both asking ourselves "what are we doing here?????" jajajajajaja

I am enjoying myself, I havenet gone out too much at night, buy I did visit the MegaCentro one night this week.

Last edited:

stingray73s

Oct 8, 2011
Enjoying reading your updates! It is interesting to read about the cultural differences and your opinions of them. Keep writing!

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Thanks folks. Ok. Been here since the 29th, today is the 7th (morning) Some more thoughts:

--Dogs are neglected here. Example - I live in a revlatively quite residential neighborhood. Newish construction. There is a large dog that has been sitting in the same spot by on my residential street - essentially dying for the last 3 days.

--I do not like taking cold showers, or the lack of hot water, but that is the way it is here, as I am told. That was a shock to me, but I figured out a system to get through it.

--Every Dominican woman I have met thinks Dominican men are terrible

--I get tired of speaking Spanish all day, though I am pretty good at it.

--I thought I had an obviously American accent when I speak Spanish, but every one asks me what country I am from

--I lost power for 12 hours, the goverment apparently notified the landlord first. Did not like that one bit. We have battery power, but refigerator and internet went out.

--I was told I could make UP TO 140pesos/hour working in an English speaking call center. That is GOOD MONEY. That comes out to about $3.5/hr. I made $4.25/hr -minimum wage- at my very first job in 1995

--There are business opportunities here for the entrepreneur - such as buying Blackberry phones in the states and selling them here.

--Thank goodness I have not been in any unsafe situation or seen any violence. But, while at the mall with an amiga, she suddenly insisted VERY STRONGLY that we leave because she saw her ex there. I didnt see him.

--Guys at every grocery store, mall, and tienda in town carrying shot guns is weird for me.

--I dont have a girlfiend. I have been seeing a woman who has 3 kids. I have 0 kids. We are the same age. EVERYONE is warning me against it. I know why. My landlord says she's roping me in, and that the pressures of being a single mom with 3 kids will eventually outweigh her decency, and she will eventually ask me for something monetary. I dont know the truth of this but I can tell a decent person when after spending time with one. We are not exclusive, but she is the coolest Dominican woman I have me to date. What's crazy is what we are both asking ourselves "what are we doing here?????" jajajajajaja

I am enjoying myself, I havenet gone out too much at night, buy I did visit the MegaCentro one night this week.
I love animals too mainly dogs ,and seeing it on a everyday basis bothered me also. I'm glad you are getting your feet wet, but remember what I wrote you in your other thread do not make this country your one and only. Dominican women are sweet, nice and pretty, but you deserve to start your own family. I have to say Alex reading your threads you would enjoy Panama a lot more then DR. The women in Panama are from all over the planet Ticas, Colombians, Brazil, Peru, Jamaica etc. I met a Colombian woman in Panama back in the day, and I must say she was smart, beautiful, no kids and just a pleasure to hand out with. DO NOT set up roots in DR just yet. I promise you, Panama will be your new home. I would join you, but a Dominicana forced me to marry her 4 years ago LOL!!! You can find love in DR, but not on those sites. Just go through your everyday life, and when love finds you be ready, you don't need to force the issue. I know I sound like your MOM!!! HAVE FUN & HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! p.s. Don't take all the women save some for others LOL

AlexMitchell

Dec 6, 2011
To continue my observations - regarding women:

--The women I have been meeting seem to mostly want relationships. I have not come aross very many that are interested only in one night stands

--No woman has asked me for anything more than travel $$$ to come see me. This referres to the women I have met in person.

--Women have traveled anywhere from 30 minutes in cab to almost 2 hours in bus to come see me. They seem to be more concerne with making sure they have the money to make the trip than the time the trip will take to complete

--Forget long conversations into the night on the phone. Prepaid minutes are too expensive. Women will cut you off and hang up suddenly to save minutes. Or they will suddenly run out of minutes and you will have to call them back.

--I was told there is a rumor among the women about black American men *use your imagination.*

--It is not uncommon that a woman will want to come to your place and stay a few days when meeting for the first time. *internet dating*

--The women dont have much money, but they will usually chip in and pay for something if they have extra spending money

--By 25, they almost all have at least 1 child. Just an observation

--I have found that many Dominican women are small up top, and curvy on the bottom. This is taking some getting used to. Having been with a busty woman for almost a decade, its definitely a different scenario here (from my experience)

Hope none of these comments are too over the top for the forum

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Yes very true, women in DR start having kids at a very young age. Let me ask you a question, why do you want to date Dominican women? You know already what time it is as far as romance, love at first site, long conversation on the phone into the early morning hours. If you choose to date and marry a woman from DR, if these things are important to you such as a woman calling you one day to invite you out dinner her treat does not happen to often in DR.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You have A LOT to learn.
One is,don't use DR1 to let everyone know how,"COOL" you are.
You don't know anything about DR women,YET!
You'll learn,just notyet.
Dominican women,all say they like foreign men,"Better"!
And depending which country you are from,"That's The One She Likes BEST"!!!!!
Every guy who I ever talked to said,"She doesn't ask me for ANYTHING"!
EVEN,if he was giving her thousands of pesos a month!
Makes him look like "God's Gift To DR Women"!...If ONLY in his own mind!
And DR women are very experienced with "BIG" men.So stop flattering yourself'
You have many miles to walk in the DR before you know the DR,....young,"Grasshopper"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

imfromda305

Dec 9, 2011
Several years ago,a male friend came to visit me here,from California.
I fixed him up with an "X" from Bonao.They went out to dinner on day one,he went to visit her in Bonao on day two.She came to SD on day three,and spent the night in his bed.Next morning,I asked him how "IT" was???
He said that he "sensed" that she was "Not Ready".Now this very pretty,sexy,intelligent,you girl,was the best "IT",I had ever experience,BY FAR!
Anyway,I told my friend that she would think he was "GAY" if he didn't make his move."No Way!",he said."WAY"!,I said.
He left without ever doing "IT" with her.
She asked if he was "GAY"????
He was from San Francisco!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
If you don't have sex with a Dominican girl for your own moral,or religious reasons,that's one thing,but if you think you are being a "Gentleman" by waiting,DON"T!
That's NOT how it works here!
It's "OLD SCHOOL" here.
Why do you think so many of us X-pats chose the DR?

LMAO! This one here made my day!

Especially: He said that he "sensed" that she was "Not Ready".Now this very pretty,sexy,intelligent,you girl,was the best "IT",I had ever experience,BY FAR!

But even tho after reading this, I never forced myself up to a lady and I still ain't going to..

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Oh brother where art thou???? This guy is meeting girls on the internet...not even regular internet, but places like Dominicanchicas.com or something like that and he thinks they're the kind that are traveling to see him thinking they're just going to a "regular date". Newsflash dude...these are pay for play kind of women. You're not the only foreigner they're traveling 30 minutes+ to see.

Also what's the deal with you and the phone minutes? It's irritating. Why should THEY call you and use their minutes? YOU're the one who wants to talk so why don't YOU call them, which is free for them and then you can talk all you want. If they cut you off then they think you're boring to talk to.

These women can come and spend as long as you want, because most likely they don't have a job or their job IS to be with men.

Pay attention to what Crisco is telling you and maybe you won't be taken too badly. You've been there for about a week and already being roped in by a woman with three kids from a guy or guys who most likely are still banging her. You're the stupid gringo whom they're counting on to take care of ALL of them.

imfromda: We're not saying to force yourself on a woman...just to not be a pariguayo...and BTW trust me you're not going to force yourself on a Dominican woman if she doesn't want to unless you have a gun or knife to her head and even so some of these women who hang out at Colmadones will take it away from you and beat you up with your own gun...lol

imfromda305

Dec 9, 2011
Oh brother where art thou???? This guy is meeting girls on the internet...not even regular internet, but places like Dominicanchicas.com or something like that and he thinks they're the kind that are traveling to see him thinking they're just going to a "regular date". Newsflash dude...these are pay for play kind of women. You're not the only foreigner they're traveling 30 minutes+ to see.

imfromda: We're not saying to force yourself on a woman...just to not be a pariguayo...and BTW trust me you're not going to force yourself on a Dominican woman if she doesn't want to unless you have a gun or knife to her head and even so some of these women who hang out at Colmadones will take it away from you and beat you up with your own gun...lol

LMAO x2! WTF! Ahahahaha.. ooh hell no! You ain't telling me in DR you need the internet to get girls!?! :dead:

FA!L dude! Ahahahahaha..

By the way, by forcing I meant I'm also the type of guy when I sense that she's not ready for it I might just give it a last try but when the no no is coming or the push away then I ain't going for it anymore.. if she's not ready I respect that.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
If a Dominicana comes to your hotel room,she's READY!
I never physically forced myself on a woman in ANY country.
I HAVE used every other means know to ME,to hit a "Home Run".
I do find "Getting to HOME PLate" in the DR,easier than anywhere else in the world.I find that refreshing.
The girls don't make you get involved in Mind Games to score.
If they like you,"Game On"!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Doc T

Dec 21, 2011
Haha I love this. And yes, most dominican women hate dominican men....You can get a water heater for relatively cheap if you snoop around.

AlexMitchell

Dec 6, 2011
You have A LOT to learn.
One is,don't use DR1 to let everyone know how,"COOL" you are.
You don't know anything about DR women,YET!
You'll learn,just notyet.
Dominican women,all say they like foreign men,"Better"!
And depending which country you are from,"That's The One She Likes BEST"!!!!!
Every guy who I ever talked to said,"She doesn't ask me for ANYTHING"!
EVEN,if he was giving her thousands of pesos a month!
Makes him look like "God's Gift To DR Women"!...If ONLY in his own mind!
And DR women are very experienced with "BIG" men.So stop flattering yourself'
You have many miles to walk in the DR before you know the DR,....young,"Grasshopper"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Chris, its easy to be misinterpreted on the internet. She told me that BEFORE we met. The point is that there is that perception. Its simply a point of observation, not meant to say that I was given that particular compliment. In fact, it meant I had a lot to live up to! *if it came to that of course* jajajajajaaj

AlexMitchell

Dec 6, 2011
egar
LMAO x2! WTF! Ahahahaha.. ooh hell no! You ain't telling me in DR you need the internet to get girls!?! :dead:

FA!L dude! Ahahahahaha..

By the way, by forcing I meant I'm also the type of guy when I sense that she's not ready for it I might just give it a last try but when the no no is coming or the push away then I ain't going for it anymore.. if she's not ready I respect that.

You guys are funny. I really hope to meet some of you in person some day. My trip is not about getting girls BUT like all men, I enjoy the company of a lady - and I do plan to have a family some day so..........

Having said that - if you "get" a lady without bribery, lying, force, or paying, I just cant see how that is a fail. I have never paid to play, but I dont put down those that do. I will be back later with some more observations.

AlexMitchell

Dec 6, 2011
Oh, one more thing about the women before I move on - the ones I have encountered dont seem to like drinking nearly as much as American women

La Verdad

Jan 4, 2009
You guys are funny. I really hope to meet some of you in person some day. My trip is not about getting girls BUT like all men, I enjoy the company of a lady - and I do plan to have a family some day so..........

Unless you acquire a ready-made family from one of your cyber-novias, you eventually are gonna have to stick it in mate, don't worry they won't laugh at your *size*.

Don't you find it bit odd sipping a little Vino Tinto in your pad, when your novia returns from the bano wearing nothing but a g-string and you are still in your knickers?

These girls all talk on BBM and Fayboo, the word around town is Alex is a man's man.

la verdad