Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you correct a mistake on a car title

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Rocky, thanks for your kind offer of help. I think we are set for now. But I'm sure my insurance broker can find something else wrong to avoid paying us. LOL

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up We bought a vehicle from Blanco too...........

Quote Originally Posted by The Virginian View Post
    Thanks to Blanco Bautista (In Moca) the mystery is solved. YAHOOOOO ! I picked up my title to my new/used car and discovered it too had the same number in the CUDELA/Passporte/RNC field. I explained in my bad Spanish, that the insurance company will not pay out on a claim because this number is invalid, not my cedula, passport and certainly not an RNC number on the title for the car I wrecked. Well after 5 hours we left Bautista with the same VALID title's and a letter of certification from the Tax department in Santiago. ALL AT BLANCO's TIME AND EXPENSE. HE MADE OVER A DOZEN PHONE CALLS AND DID NOT CHARGE US ANY MONEY FOR HIS TIME, PHONE CALLS OR CERTIFICATION document. When we purchased our first new/used car we did not have a Cedula so the Tax department issued us an RNC number. We were none the wiser at the time and did not question the document. I was told that RNC is a number issued to any business for tax purpose but apparently they are used for other reasons. I can prove it I have a certified letter. LOL. Thanks everyone for your help and advice. Our insurance broker could have done the same thing as Blanco did, but he never even offered to help. Yet Blanco took the responsibility and helped, nice man. THANKS BLANCO !!!!
    ..........and he was VERY helpful. He even had the car delivered to POP for us and we just paid the balance to the place where they left the car..........he said there was no need for us to go back to Moca after we found the car and left a deposit...........He also had the Matricula sent to Puerto Plata and we picked that up locally too.............no EXTRA fees....

..........Very nice people to deal with...........

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12