Video's you will NOT see on CNN etc..

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Was not as graphic as expected except for a scene of many dead bodies towards the end. Nonetheless sad and very touching. Truly a tragedy of mass proportion.

Jan 3, 2003
Yes, the graphic scenes were all blocked out. I saw more on CNN. He's just following around his Haitian friend through barrios.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Karen in NYC

Mar 22, 2007
As my English friend would say, I was gob-smacked when I saw that report. VERY different view from CNN etc. I'd love to know more about the person who took the video and why he went there (referred to on youtube as "bluefoxrelief".

BlueFox

Jan 27, 2010
Thanks for the feedback. We really wrestled with how much to show on many of those youtube videos. I believe it is important to show people what is going on, but past a certain point, the graphic images are just too much.

With so many of our videos bordering on "shock footage", the "One in Nine Million" video was an attempt to humanize the situation. It was really difficult editing, because I was not attempting to shoot documentary style, but we ended up scraping together enough footage of "Flora" to put something coherent together.

I am not sure if it did, but I really hope it helps..

I do have a couple of questions. When I traveled from Santo Domingo to the border at Jimani, we took a junky short blue bus with gold curtains. I believe it was independently operated. The place where I boarded was a empty parking lot which was located right next to hwy 3 or hwy 1 (north side of hwy) in downtown Santa Domingo. The bus did not seem like it was for tourists. I am not sure of the exact location, but if anyone knows what I am talking about, could they clue me in on where the boarding point was, and the contact info for this bus company?

Thanks!