What are my chances for my DR girl to visit me?

yan

Jan 24, 2010
Heres her situation:

She doesnt have a job, no money, no properties, she have a 11years old little girl and some university.

My situation :
here in montreal canada, student, own a house plus a 3 appartement building, got 10 000 in my account, income of 2250/month.

can everyone tell me what are our chances? and some advice?

Or should i just get to the marriage process?

Since i know about all the basic application you dont have to post me the basic steps from cic.

One of the 3 PDF form asking her to put amount of money that she have for her visit. Should i deposit in her account the money or only a proove that i have money for her is enought with the inviting letter?

Inviting letter: should i incluid our love story , will to get marry and proove or should i just invite her as a friend? do i have to affirm the letter by my accompter?

And what is a ''MP'' as i saw it in many post here?

Please help!!!! Thank you.
Yan and Alicia

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Hi and welcome to DR1

I'm afraid your girl's chances of getting a visitor visa to Canada are very slim.

It's not about proving what you have in Canada but for her to prove to Immigration that she has very strong ties/reasons to return to the DR and by your description she has non.

Your invitation letter is to show that you will be responsible for her lodging and whatever else she needs during her visit. Love stories don't help, they want concert evidence that she will leave Canada when the visa expires.

An MP stands for "member of the Canadian Parliament" ;)

You said you don't need any links right? Let us know if you do.

PS a sudden amount of money in her bank account is not a good idea. Try the invitation letter.

Good luck

yan

Jan 24, 2010
thank you, she have a little 11years old girl so that would be the best proove for her to go back more then anyhting else no??

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You asked. Anna answered. What she did'nt say was Slim and none and Slim is leaving town....

It is a tough call....Like she says, you have to prove to the consul that the woman will be coming back...

My guess is if you are serious, to go and get married....

HB

yan

Jan 24, 2010
And our only prove is that shes a mother of a 11years olds little girl. Anyone else know that this is no prove for immigration for her to go back??

Last edited:

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Dominican women leave their kids with their families all the time so is absolutely no reason at all for her to return. Reasons to return are a great job, lots of money in the bank, her own thriving business. Kids are worth nada for immigration purposes

icedaddy

Jan 29, 2010
I tried this as well and found that if you don't have proof that she will return than "slim and None " have no chance. Marriage is your only other option.
Having her daughter in the DR would only be a short time in the Gov't eyes as they see it as she would become invited as soon as the person became set up.

yan

Jan 24, 2010
thanks to you all, so thats what we going to do then,,, get maried since it would look bad if we apply for visit visa, get refuse and then in the same year apply for permanent husband/wife visa. Thats what i think!!!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
And our only prove is that shes a mother of a 11years olds little girl. Anyone else know that this is no prove for immigration for her to go back??

this is a living proof she will NOT be coming back.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
thanks to you all, so thats what we going to do then,,, get maried since it would look bad if we apply for visit visa, get refuse and then in the same year apply for permanent husband/wife visa. Thats what i think!!!

My then girlfriend applied for a visitor's Visa back in 1998 and she was refused. She had a sucessful business, money in the bank, property, and a 5 year old son. She was refused a Visa. The following year ( 3 months later) we got married and her Visa to come to Canada took 8 months. That was back in 1999.

kacy

Feb 3, 2008
just so you know it doesn't hurt your PR app to be refused on a visitor visa - we did that in the same year - and the visitor visa wasn't even brought up - you just have to disclose it and explain it in your PR application.

yan

Jan 24, 2010
thanks Kacy, bob, everyone.We might try then.. who knows! What it seems its a lotterie.. maybe depends on the immigration guy yo fallinto. If hes in a good mood that day he will let her go!!??!?:paranoid:

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
If you don't try the answer will definitely be no. If you do try, it will still likely be no.

Almost all the people working in immigration at the Canadian Embassy are women.

Having a child at home is all the more reason to stay in Canada and get married while she is there.

If you are married in Canada and then apply for PR through an inland application, she can't work legally but she doesn't have to go home. She can wait out the decision with you supporting her and her child back home.

Seeing as the PR process takes close to a year, her 6 month visa just doubled in length.

Just trying to show you how they will see it and why the answer will be NO.

It doesn't make the process right, but this is the process we have.

Good Luck if you do decide to try.
Sangria

dalmonte

Jan 31, 2010
i know how you are feeling!! it is very overwhelming when all of this information comes rolling in! i am in canada as well and am applying for my friend to visit me soon... we were told to have the letter and the money but like annaC said it is probably not a good idea to put that much money into her bank account.

another thing i am including with my application is a separate letter indicating that i live at home with no expenses and no dependants as well as a few copies of my most recent pay stubs...

it is not an easy thing to get and is unlikely to work but you should still try... i will for sure be posting the outcome of our application soon