honeymoon around the island

dominicanbride10

Jan 30, 2010
hey everyone!
I'm getting married at Dreams Punta Cana resort in October of this year. We are staying in the resort for a week and then venturing out. We're headed from Punta Cana to Barahona(where my gma lives and some other family) and then plan to go up to Puerto Plata after that.
So, I was wondering if anyone could give me some good places to visit, such as towns, beaches, sites, hotels ect, that I should visit!

Thanks ahead of time for the advice!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Make it to Punta Rucia. THey have some quaint (not luxurious) places to stay, but for a honeymoon, it is great!!

HB

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
You are covering a lot of ground! On the way from Punta Cana to Barahona you will pass through or directly bye Higuey, La Romana, San Pedro de Macoris, Boca Chica, Santo Domingo, San Cristobol, Bani and Azua. En route from Barahona to Puerto Plata, some convenient options would be Constanza, Jarabacoa, and of course Santiago. If you do a DR1 search of those places, you should get plenty of information of what to do. Personally, I think after spending a week on the beach at Punta Cana, you might enjoy the mountain scenery and activities in Jarabacoa.

Mujermaravilla

Jun 15, 2006
How long do you have? This past summer I went around the whole island. It was nice to see so much of it but....

1. We spent a TON of money on gas.
2. We never got to spend more than 2 days anywhere so it felt rushed.

I don't know if you want to do that for your honeymoon.

In any case, My suggestions are Capital, Colonial zone and clubbing

Barahona is beautiful. We hired a guide in Guaracuya (hotel) he took us from Barahona to Bahia de las aguilas and hoyo de pelempito. I think the trip to Bahia de las Aguilas is worth the drive.

From the south you can either go Ocoa-Constanza-Jarabacoa, or San Cristobal - Pedro Brand. If you go through Jarabacoa maybe you want to stay a night and in the morning go to Rancho Baiguate and do the white water rafting adventure... We did it 3 years ago and it was lots of fun.

Up in the North you have, many beaches you can also do 27 charcos. There is some controversy regarding the charcos but I did it 3 years ago and felt safe.

Congratulations and Enjoy !!!