DR1 & Facebook

Are you going to be/already using the Facebook feature to log in to DR1?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
In the thread Facebook Users, Robert made an announcement concerning the new ability to sign in using your Facebook account.

Are you going to be/already using the Facebook feature to log in to DR1?

If you feel the need to explain your vote, type away....

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
I have a facebook that I rarely use, what would be the benefit?

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
My Google Chrome is set up in such a way that when I launch it it takes me into my 3 favourite websites automatically - two of which are Facebook and DR1 Message boards so, like Chiri, it has no real value to me..

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Although the idea is good for newcomers, for old timers it will be a bit awkward regarding privacy issues. They don't want the world to be linking a face to their nicknames. Digale dv8!!

leromero

Bronze
May 30, 2004
web.mac.com
I concur. There is just something I don't like about someone being able to follow me form one website to another. It's not like I'm hiding, in fact it's rather easy to find me on there. Just, why make it easier?

Marilyn

Bronze
May 7, 2002
I would not link my facebook with DR1, I want to remain as anonimous as possible, unless I choose to divulge my personal information to someone especifically.

XXKWISIT

Apr 15, 2007
no thank you! Facebook is creepy enough as it is, I don't need people from this website thinking we are 'friends' and then trying to add me. Ugh. 1984 is here and now.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
yawn.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
facebook isnt a bad idea but it links to other sites and I am never quite sure what I am sharing with whom.....there are some pictures I dont really want to share with the world lol

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
facebook isnt a bad idea but it links to other sites and I am never quite sure what I am sharing with whom.....there are some pictures I dont really want to share with the world lol

Your Facebook profile information, photos etc are not linked to your profile here.

XXKWISIT

Apr 15, 2007
seriously?

I bunch of people are using it, so I guess it's not all bad.

That's like saying "a bunch of people are using drugs, so I guess they're not all bad"

Like I said previously, facebook is creepy we don't need to add to the problem.

C.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
That's like saying "a bunch of people are using drugs, so I guess they're not all bad"

Like I said previously, facebook is creepy we don't need to add to the problem.

C.

The 160 million + people login into Facebook daily, I guess it's not that creepy.

If you don't want to use the login option, don't, that's why it's optional, KISS!

XXKWISIT

Apr 15, 2007
The 160 million + people login into Facebook daily, I guess it's not that creepy.

If you don't want to use the login option, don't, that's why it's optional, KISS!

Ummmmm, did someone miss the part about this being a poll and asking for the users opinion?

You asked I answered, KISS off!

Reactions: Tamborista

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Ummmmm, did someone miss the part about this being a poll and asking for the users opinion?

You asked I answered, KISS off!

You assumed that people would be able to add you.
Not true, no profile information is passed to DR1.

I don't need people from this website thinking we are 'friends' and then trying to add me

I'm correcting your assumptions...

Status
Not open for further replies.