IMMH10-A Form Received

4awildrose

Oct 6, 2009
Hi everyone. I have just received a letter addressed to my husband advising that he is to have an interview and enclosing the IMMH10-A form that has to be completed and either sent in or brought to the interview. These were all sent to my home address here in Canada! I am hoping that this is the copy to the sponsor and that the original has been sent to his address in Puerto Plata but he has not received anything as yet. The letter is dated December 18, 2009 and the envelope has a Canada post stamped date of January 19/10 (a week after the earthquake!). This is the first (good) news that we have had regarding an interview! No date as yet though. Does anyone know whether or not immigration will accept a faxed copy if I e-mailed this form to him to fill in?
Also, thanks to everyone on this forum! The information and advice posted here has been invaluable in this process and is greatly appreciated.

twillis

Jun 22, 2009
I would copy all they gave you and send it to him priority courier. May cost 100 dollars, but that's what I would do.

If you fax the form to him, it will have his original signature on it, so they would probably accept that also, as he will be the one taking it in.

Maybe his will show up in the mail, but I doubt they would mail to both of you. Twice they said they mailed papers out to us, and we have never received them.

Congratulations on hearing news. I know how happy that must make you.

twillis

Jun 22, 2009
Also, just to clarify, for the forum, is the IMM10A a history of travel form or a declaration of children. I've heard both.

kacy

Feb 3, 2008
if he doesn't have it ahead of time its no big deal - they'll have a copy at his interview for him to fill out and it only takes a second. Congrats! you're getting closer!

4awildrose

Oct 6, 2009
This is the declaration of children form.
I guess my biggest concern now is how they will contact him to let him know the interview date. If they are sending everything to me, he might miss the date they schedule.
And I am extremely excited!!! With everything going on lately this was such a positive for both of us as we had no idea whether or not they were even working on our file.

kacy

Feb 3, 2008
They phoned my husband - but only after I emailed saying not to contact by mail as we hadn't received their letter so I didn't want them to use that route again - but I think they do it by phone anyways...
and yes its a declaration of children form and you just say whether they're coming with your husband to Canada and I think if you say yes they are you can indicate whether they're coming immediately or some time in the future.

Jess1

Jul 11, 2009
Good news 4awildrose:). I wonder if this means they are working on files......hmmmmm.

Sunflower333

May 25, 2009
That is exciting to hear something!!
Even if you don't have the date yet, you KNOW you are getting so close to the end......