posting pictures

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
hi all,
wanted to share some pics of the pig roast i had while on vacation so others could see...it seems i'm allowed to post a thread but not allowed to attach a picture.....yet i've seen many pictures in posts.....what do i need to do to get to that point...
lol...i'm even willing to pay a few pesos if need be;)

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
unfortunately for your own pictures you have to use another site such as flickr or tinypix - they are free but more time consuming

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
hi all,
wanted to share some pics of the pig roast i had while on vacation so others could see...it seems i'm allowed to post a thread but not allowed to attach a picture.....yet i've seen many pictures in posts.....what do i need to do to get to that point...

Did you attempt outside hosting as JR suggests or try to attach photos to the message directly?

I use TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting and this is what I do:
1. Choose file - browse for the correct photo on your computer.
2. Rezise - select Message Board from the drop down menu.
3. Click the Upload button.
4. When photo uploaded (after a few minutes), copy complete URL from the Message Board box.
5. Paste into DR1 message.
If doing several photos to go into one message, it is wise to copy and past the individual URL's into a Word document or email message until ready to paste them into the DR1 message.

Hope this helps.

blackrainbow

Dec 26, 2009
Use a hosting site for your pictures such as ImageShack® - Online Media Hosting

get the url from the picture, go to forum post, and when you post you cant just put the link in, put image tags with them.

for eg:

My Pig roast was excellente, it was better than Whirleybirds porker :cheeky:, heres a pic of what we had:

COLOR]

Hope this helped.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Did you attempt outside hosting as JR suggests or try to attach photos to the message directly?

I use TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting and this is what I do:
1. Choose file - browse for the correct photo on your computer.
2. Rezise - select Message Board from the drop down menu.
3. Click the Upload button.
4. When photo uploaded (after a few minutes), copy complete URL from the Message Board box.
5. Paste into DR1 message.
If doing several photos to go into one message, it is wise to copy and past the individual URL's into a Word document or email message until ready to paste them into the DR1 message.

Hope this helps.

Great Post !!!!!

OP please resize no larger than 800x600

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
OP please resize no larger than 800x600

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Resizing is such a pain for the Mods after someone has posted one or more gargantuan pictures which skew everyone's forum displays on their monitors.

If you have to re-size any quantity of pictures you can do so with the free program - PIXresizer, which is found here:

Image resizing, do it with PIXresizer

You can re-size individual pictures or batches.

Gregg

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I didnt know that! is this a new feature ? you are going to tell me we could do it all the time

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
i tried

well i tried roberts way and it seemed to work
said it was successful
however i can't seem to find them
will continue ro play around til i figure something out
tx all...you were all very helpful
if worse comes to shove i'll turn them into posters and post them on the highway when i come back :)

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
hi all,

Here are the pics woofsback wanted to share.

Thanks for the pics. Since I posted the pics am I invited to dinner?;)

244cq68.jpg

2evuwd5.jpg

29uq2s8.jpg

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
thanx for the help

yes you're invited for dinner..tho it was 3 weeks ago...not sure what's left tho :)

my thanx to whirleybird for cookin a great pig and to rockys for allowing me to use thier place...
was a great time and met some great people...:)

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Piggies from Mr and Mrs BB

Use a hosting site for your pictures such as ImageShack? - Online Media Hosting

get the url from the picture, go to forum post, and when you post you cant just put the link in, put image tags with them.

for eg:

My Pig roast was excellente, it was better than Whirleybirds porker :cheeky:, heres a pic of what we had:

COLOR]

Hope this helped.

I appreciate your subtle attempt at humour (ing) me but, as you can read from the later posts on this thread, it was a whirleybird piggy!! Oink! Oink!