Visitor Visa for husband to see children

jacklindo

Jan 21, 2010
Hi everyone!
I am canadian married to a dominican for 7 years now and we have 2 children 5 and 1 year old.
Both children were born in the DR since I had lived there for the last 20 years (since i was a child) and just moved to canada alone with the 2 boys in Nov due to the fact that i needed to prove that I was established in canada to the haiti embassy for them to finalize his PR, which has been in process now for 1 year and 2 months.Just 2 weeks before the earthquake, they requested the RPRF and we paid it.
And we thought he would be here with us by now but due to the earthquake, I think it will now take a very long time.
The boys cry everyday because they miss their dad so much and I am wondering what the chances of him getting a visitor visa if he bases it on the fact that he really misses his children and just wants to visit them.
He doesn't have too much in the bank but owns his own company.
And I am wondering if they will be more lenient because of the earthquake and that everything is being delayed because of it.
thanks everyone for your help and thank god to all of you here since you give hope to people who are always in the dark.
Carla :cheeky:

twillis

Jun 22, 2009
Hi Carla. The only way you will truly know is to try. It is an inexpensive process so that helps.

It is a sad situation you speak of but unfortunately a red flag for Immigration. Your husband has many reasons to not return from his Visitor Visa and that's his kids and you. Immigration will be very wary of this.

But ... Many things happen, and who knows. I tried two times - I knew they would say no probably - but for me - I had to try. I think for peace of mind you should also, just don't be too disappointed if the answer if no - and if its yes, then I will be very happy for you.

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
Carla,

If they have asked for the RPRF and you have paid it, you may be able to get an update from the embassy in Santo Domingo before you try the visitor visa option.

If you have already mailed the proof of payment to mississauga, I would try emailing santo domingo and asking if that info has been forwarded to your file and if they have received the receipt # (also provide it for them or scan a copy and attach).

While you have their attention, tell them your kids miss their dad and ask if they could provide you with what the next step is and how long it will take.

Twillis got lucky with getting an email from them last week so it can't hurt to try this route first.

If they have asked for the RPRF that means his visa is approved and your file should be finalized soon.

GOod Luck!