La Vega

dianalee

Feb 1, 2010
Does anyone know anything about la vega? Also does anyone know how the adresses work? I want to be able to mapquest my way from the airport to a specific house but all the normal sites...google maps mapquest... don't work for that.

Thanks!!

Reactions: mike l

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
catch a taxi. from Santiago airport to la vega will cost you US$20 or $30, and the driver will generally be able to find the address for you.

dianalee

Feb 1, 2010
Is it generally a safe area? How close is lose robles to La vega? Does anyone know anything about La Vega Christian School?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
AVOID La Vega during Carnaval, it is a total zoo.

Trust me look at someone elses pictures, I made the mistake going last year.

Jan 5, 2006
It's generally safe, but you do need to exercise some common sense caution, since it gets pretty crowded at times. I suggest that you go with a group of people anyway.

I'm not into big crowds, so I personally avoid it, but it is not unsafe. If you can get to a reserved area like a balcony, then that's the best way to enjoy the carnival.

Los Robles is a section in the city of La Vega. At one time, it was the nicest (most expensive) area of the city, but there are newer and nicer areas now. (Gamundi is considered the best area now)

I'm not sure about the school that you mention, but I'll find out for you and post later.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Does anyone know anything about La Vega Christian School?

Are you talking about this place? If so, please le tme know as I have a friend who teaches there...

5jxpjr.jpg