ferry service from puerto rico / to punta cana?

kapitan75

Jun 3, 2005
I would like to take a trip from ny to punta cana, but the airfare is averaging $400.00+ u.s. I have seen air fare from jfk to brq (baranquillo airport) in Puerto Rico for $250.00 u.s. Im travelling with 3 people and notice the airports are only 75 miles apart. Is there a ferry service from around BRQ to around PUJ? Its $450.00 savings and wouldnt mind exploring both islands.

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
The only ferry is Ferries del Caribe which offers three weekly ferries between Santo Domingo, the capital of the Dominican Republic and Mayag?ez in Puerto Rico. From Santo Domingo they leave on Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays at 8pm arriving in Mayag?ez at 8am the following morning. From Mayag?ez, Puerto Rico, they leave on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 8pm, and arrive in Santo Domingo at 8am the next morning. The journey takes about 12 hours in both directions.

amstellite

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
Jet Blue SDQ to SJU

I think your best bet would be to do what I am doing in Feb- fly Santo Domingo airport las Americas( near Boca Chica), intio San Juan PR with Jet Blue - I paid $68 bucks one way plus tax. The boat is fine but the service is only odd days in the week and like you said, it's very expensive. And it goes to the West of PR not to the capital

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
I think your best bet would be to do what I am doing in Feb- fly Santo Domingo airport las Americas( near Boca Chica), intio San Juan PR with Jet Blue - I paid $68 bucks one way plus tax. The boat is fine but the service is only odd days in the week and like you said, it's very expensive. And it goes to the West of PR not to the capital

Thats a great deal. Are these year round common prices or special time sensitive deals. Can you just do two nights to qualify?