Arriving on Monday 8th Feb 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

milopilo 2

Feb 4, 2010
:cheeky:Hi everybody. Hope you can help. We arrive in the Puerto Plata, Riu Mambo Hotel next Monday. Seen some great reveiws but also some awfull ones regarding food and accommodation. Don`t know which to believe. Also bit bothered about mossies. Would appreciate any useful / helpful advise.:ermm:

regards

Milopilo

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
I've been to the Mambo and thought it was great, I'm sure you'll have a great time. For the mossies, get a good repelant spray and take vitamin B something, I think it's B12 but someone WILL correct me if I'm wrong. Also you can get a plug in repelant thingy to leave plugged in in the room, that should about do it!
Hope you have the holiday of a lifetime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Never stayed at the Mambo, but have stayed at the Merengue (next door) several times. You get to use the facilities at the other two resorts, or atleast we were allowed when we stayed at the Merengue, all except dinner. I think the beach is the best at the Mambo and the staff is very good at the Mambo and Merengue. Food is pretty much the same at all 3, not real great but its ok. enjoy, and get out of the resort a couple of times and head to Puerto Plata and walk around downtown and on the beach. Meet the people. Enjoy......

drny

Jun 12, 2007
Stayed at the Mambo in late 2008 and it was pretty nice- especially for the price. As the other poster said, not a great variety but the food is decent. Nice shows every night and a refreshment and house liquor stocked in-room fridge included.

Status
Not open for further replies.