Super Bowl on Aster

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Why does it matter what the game is broadcast in? if you know the game it doesnt matter what the announcers say?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Actually, it makes a HUGE difference. Being a big time football (soccer) fan, I know how painful it can be to listen to Spanish, Argentinean, Colombian etc commentators, it's just not the same.

Willowtears

Dec 17, 2009
Actually, it makes a HUGE difference. Being a big time football (soccer) fan, I know how painful it can be to listen to Spanish, Argentinean, Colombian etc commentators, it's just not the same.

Alright Robert, so I guess you and I WILL BE CHEERING DURING THE WORLD CUP!

CAN'T WAIT:bunny: I WAS SUPPOSE TO GO TO SA (CAPE TOWN) BUT THANKS TO A FRIEND, I DIDN'T GET A CHANCE TO BUY TICKETS ON TIME, ESPECIALLY BECAUSE THEY WERE BEING FIERCELY MONITORED BY FIFA. NOT WORTH TAKING THE TRIP DURING THAT TIME IF I WASN?T GOING TO ENJOY AT LEAST ONE GAME! S.A?NEXT TIME!

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Since the game is on CBS is there any way we will be able to watch the game in English?

Don't know what Aster is but on delancer cable CBS is in English so if you live on the north coast you can enjoy the Superbowl in English at home, your hotel or wherever.

I won't watch any American sports that is broadcast in spanish as it's just not the same.

Do not watch any sports on these free internet channels as I just got a bad virus from watching the NFC championship game on one of these and the same thing happened last year and i thought I had used a different source but after the game was over my computer froze and said "VIRUS"

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
Sky?

Does anyone know if any of the SKY channels will broadcast the Super Bowl?

There are a handful of sports channels.

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
I used my remote control...

Does anyone know if any of the SKY channels will broadcast the Super Bowl?

There are a handful of sports channels.

I think the answer to my question is "yes". ESPN International, channel 518. :cheeky:

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008

Which team do you support?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
My somewhat curmudgeonesque opinion:

Tough schitt! If you know the languages it's cool...I do NOT like watching NFL in Spanish, I will say I can agree with that.

However, Unless it is a European (Read Brit or UK person) doing "real" football, I much prefer Argentine announcers...Mexicans are just too biased...And US announcers seem to be lost...

As for Baseball: Hell's Bells, a good Spanish language announcer, like Kevin Cabral or one of the good ones in Santo Domingo or Pappy Pimentel, you just can't get a better description of the game. Especially Kevin, who is certainly as knowledgeable (SP?) as anyone I have seen about the game.

You gotta remember I grew up with the great Ernie Howell, Red Barber and that crowd in baseball out of Cinncinati, Pittsburgh, and the New York....Holy COW!!! Going going gone! and the Brooklyn Symphony are part of my heart...

As for today's NFL Super Bowl, we will be having two types of hot wings, beer and cigars and perhaps a very large screen projection of the game on CBS (Cable Net).

If you want to come over, you are welcome, PM me for directions. I cannot promise food, but the game will be in English....But I miss Madden!!! And may God keep Jack Buck!!

Hope to make the wings hot and sticky...we'll see how it turns out. Lemme know if yu're comin'....

HB

el forastero

Bronze
Oct 25, 2009
At least all of you won't have to hear friggin' "GOOOOOOOHHHHHHLLLLLLLLLLLL"
every time there is a touchdown, like I will over here in MX.....

and I really miss seeing the great Super Bowl ads they show in the US (and wishing I could come over to finally meet Hillbilly and see the real game).