Plaza Real Resort vs Albatros Resort

mattf

May 6, 2009
I have read mixed reviews and posts on both. Which one does everyone prefer. I will be spending a long three day weekend at whichever one I decide on.

Thanks,
Matt

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Plaza Real: more central, restaurants on site, a bit dated and close to construction so can be dusty, can be noisy at night when bars/restaurants have live music, nice pool area, not on beach but beach access opposite - but cannot use beach chairs on beach.

Albatros: 10-15 mins walk from plaza Real, rooms in new block nice, others a bit dated, big pool, on beach, one restaurant next door others a bit further, no sea access from beach - need to walk a few mins along beach. Quieter than Plaza Real. Has animation - not sure if that is good or bad!!!

6 or one and half a dozen of the other in my view

matilda

mattf

May 6, 2009
No beach chairs on beach? Where can you find a beach to rent chairs, have food and have sea access?

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
No beach chairs on beach? Where can you find a beach to rent chairs, have food and have sea access?

if you stay in a hotel/apt on the beach you have access to their chairs. ie Albatros, Barcelo Capella. However if you just go on the beach, which you have every right to do you cannot use the chairs belonging to the apts or hotels. In old Juan Dolio, as Franck says, you can either pay for a chair, or if you buy food and or drinks you can use the chairs belonging to Popeyes cafe, or Don Pedro bar. Old Juan Dolio is a 10-15 drive from Plaza Real or Albatros. You could also go further afield to Guayacanes the fishing village next door and spend the day at el Pescador - a great fish restaurant and use their beach chairs.

matilda

matilda

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
if you stay in a hotel/apt on the beach you have access to their chairs. ie Albatros, Barcelo Capella. However if you just go on the beach, which you have every right to do you cannot use the chairs belonging to the apts or hotels. In old Juan Dolio, as Franck says, you can either pay for a chair, or if you buy food and or drinks you can use the chairs belonging to Popeyes cafe, or Don Pedro bar. Old Juan Dolio is a 10-15 drive from Plaza Real or Albatros. You could also go further afield to Guayacanes the fishing village next door and spend the day at el Pescador - a great fish restaurant and use their beach chairs.

matilda

matilda
It's more like 5 minutes. Matilda you're used to driving your pasola, that takes a little longer;)

Last edited:

Rico K.

May 11, 2009
www.juandolio.info
Where is old juan dolio? does anyone have a decent map with key locations??
During its 'Golden Years' Juan Dolio used to have excellent tourist-maps with most Bars, Restaurants, Shops and Hotels in it, but now? Non existent...
Below is a small overview of Juan Dolio and its major sectors today. Maybe it will be of help to you somehow.