cheapest hotel near Punta Cana, Bavaro ?

bobsimmons

Oct 14, 2009
What is the cheapest hotel near Punta Cana and Bavaro for someone traveling alone?

Also, is Feb. a good month of the year to avoid malaria mosquitos in this region? Are they even biting in Feb.?

Thanks, Bob :glasses:

Rafikius

Dec 2, 2010
What is the cheapest hotel near Punta Cana and Bavaro for someone traveling alone?
Thanks, Bob :glasses:

If you don't care about being on the beach hotel- Flamboyan offers doules for 43$ with breakfast, there exist also Hotel Cayacoa with ~the same prices. (one may get even lower price if negotiating a bit.) & I was told in Cabanas Anacaona (didnt'go there myself) price may fall down to 30$ :),

Prices of 12.22.2010

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Several cases of dengue among my friends and acquaintances, all in all not that many, but compared to zero cases of malaria I'd still say it is "more common".

Malaria Mosquitoes and non malaria mosquitoes

In 30 + trips have seen very few of either kind

how do your distinqish them, by the signs of course......

wa6hcg.jpg

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
El Cortecito is right in Bavaro,there is a small strip of shops out front and a small grocery store right next door!

It is clean, inexpensive and includes breakfast. The beach is literally across the road and behind the shops!

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Milosh,
Dengue is very common on the Island Including in Punta Cana, and not restricted to some poor Neighbourhoods or such.
we had in Family and friends circle at least a Dozen cases last year, 3 of them living in a nice Luxury House in Punta Cana Village.
People talk Malaria or Colera, which are both zero of concern on the East,
But Dengue is what One should be prepared for.

Mike

worldtravel44

Jan 15, 2011
Iberostar Dominicana Punta Cana, is one of the best. They're all-inclusive and an amazing beach front property..very open and there's a lot of things you could possibly do. Great food. Room's are little too standard but very comfortable..honestly. Deff think about booking it with them. And always book it through Orbitz.com

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
the Iberostar Dominicana is most likely not suitable as the OP asked for the cheapest accomodation.
a goiod place would be the Cappuccino Mare.
the problem for a single Traveller with the Bed and Breakfast accomodations here is that they always quote Room Rates per Room, not any per Person Rates.
so a Room for 40 bucks per night is a cheapy for a Couple, but costs double per Person for a single Traveller.
during february You will not find any cheap Deals/Specials,
because February is the Peak Travel Month of the Year for Punta Cana with the highest rates around and all Properties fully packed.

Mike