Going to Santo Domingo Embassy this weekend.... HELP!

brown_girl103

Oct 9, 2009
Hi everyone, it's been decided, I am going to the DR. I can't sit around any longer and my work said it's best to go now since Monday is a holiday. Does anyone know of any airlines with the cheapest rates? Hotels with good rates? Last minute deals? Will I get by if my husband isn't there right away with no Spanish speaking skills? Any advice is appreciated, kinda freaked out about going there all by my lonesome.

Thanks!
Reena

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Can't expect people to guess now can we ;)

She is coming from Toronto. Browngirl check out www.selloffvacations.com or call any travel agent for deals on air transat,sky service or Air Canada. I think West Jet is also flying there.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
I dont see any direct flights from Toronto to SD. I checked out La Romana but no flight till next week. Only other option is one flight to Puerto Plata tomorrow but then you will have to get a bus to SD.

Weather permitting, may I suggest you fly from Buffalo via NYC to SD. They have at least one flight per day, perhaps two.
I have flown with them many times so feel free to PM me for details.

Good luck.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
...in Canada. They need it to recover after eating all those Valentine's Day chocolates or something.