Looking for feedback on dating Dominican men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiraz72

Bronze
Feb 10, 2010
I'm a Canadian woman who recently met a Dominican man in my travels and would like advice and feedback from other women who have established long term relationships with Dominican men and what pitfalls to look out for. I've heard a lot of negative feedback from coworkers, neighbors and friends who had married or know someone who had married a Dominican man who duped them or was looking for a sponsor to get into canada and then left shortly after obtaining their citizenship. I was with my mother and daughter on this trip and met a very smiley shy bartender who hung out with us daily. He spent a lot of time talking with my mother and my daughter about his family and country. My mother was quite taken by his charming and shy personality, atypical of the constant flirtatious attitudes of the other Dominican men we met. On our last night he invited us out and he paid for my night on the town. He expressed his interest in having a relationship and cried when I left the next day. He seemed very genuine. Can anyone provide feedback or share stories of their dating experiences with Dominicans?

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
I've heard a lot of negative feedback from coworkers, neighbors and friends who had married or know someone who had married a Dominican man who duped them or was looking for a sponsor to get into canada and then left shortly after obtaining their citizenship.

A man falls in love through his eyes, a woman through her ears.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I'm a Canadian woman who recently met a Dominican man in my travels and would like advice and feedback from other women who have established long term relationships with Dominican men and what pitfalls to look out for. I've heard a lot of negative feedback from coworkers, neighbors and friends who had married or know someone who had married a Dominican man who duped them or was looking for a sponsor to get into canada and then left shortly after obtaining their citizenship. I was with my mother and daughter on this trip and met a very smiley shy bartender who hung out with us daily. He spent a lot of time talking with my mother and my daughter about his family and country. My mother was quite taken by his charming and shy personality, atypical of the constant flirtatious attitudes of the other Dominican men we met. On our last night he invited us out and he paid for my night on the town. He expressed his interest in having a relationship and cried when I left the next day. He seemed very genuine. Can anyone provide feedback or share stories of their dating experiences with Dominicans?

The lonely Heart's club was a great venue for lonely women looking for men in Prison.

The DR is a great Tropical paradise to meet what we call " Sankies ".

If it feels good ..do it!

Be advised that there is a difference between the price of sex, romance and everything else pleasureable.

Love is a 4 letter word and it does not = $$$

PC...classico!

Here it is in a nut shell honey, This is gonna hurt but its for your own good! He is a bartender in a resort,As you are boarding your plane home another woman will be checking into the resort where he works and the same routine will be played out. As for him paying for you on your night on the town, Some other poor woman living in Canada,USA or England most likely paid for your night on the town.So when he calls in the next month or so and needs money for some unforseen emergency that I guarentee will happen, it will really be to impress some other tourist or his real Dominican family.

Reactions: mike l

donP

Dec 14, 2008
The Usual Story

He spent a lot of time talking with my mother and my daughter about his family and country. _ He expressed his interest in having a relationship and cried when I left the next day.

You forgot to tell us that you gave him your phone number... :tired:
Yes, calling you daily - must be love then.... :bunny:

(My crystal ball is still stashed away. But in this case I don't need it anyway. :cheeky: )

donP

JessicaRabbit

Sep 21, 2009
Girls! take it easy! Have fun and go! forget that man if you want to be happy for the next years. I don't believe in love on the distance. How many days do you know him?
Remember good time you had with him, but realize that this is it, no continuation. I go to disco at Playa Dorada pretty often and see all this hotel guys with different women all the time, claiming "this is my wife, i love her". Of course, the "wife" is white canadian or english gal as a rule... every week new one.
Crying is not a big deal for dominican guys.

Irina1

Mar 9, 2009
seriously though, we dont kow much about u ..or about him ...(is his english good??, do u talk on the phone everyday?? etc.) but lol stop talking to him from noww..u will save urself a lot of trouble and money. Try to have a relationship with some1 in ur country, cuz thats where ur life is at and has been. It will be hard traveling to see him all the time and especially if u have a daughter. Think abut her first.

Last edited:

meregirl

Aug 22, 2008
Please be very careful

Shiraz, I know it is painful to read what others have written but there are quite a few red flags here. The fact that you met the man at a resort and he was a resort worker makes it really suspect. It would only be worse if he was part of the animation team. I am married to a Dominican man and it is not easy. Almost everyday I made myself read the stories of people who had been sankied and I put him through a lot. I love him and I believe he is a good sincere person but the truth is I can't really know for sure. We are almost complete in our immigration process and in April he should be here.

I can't tell you how difficult it is to love someone and trust them but at the same time in the back of your mind know that there is a chance they are only using you. Trust me there is always that chance because the DR is such a poor country and they see the US as streets of gold. A relationship like that is not for the faint of heart.

Reactions: AlterEgo

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
Here it is in a nut shell honey, This is gonna hurt but its for your own good! He is a bartender in a resort,As you are boarding your plane home another woman will be checking into the resort where he works and the same routine will be played out. As for him paying for you on your night on the town, Some other poor woman living in Canada,USA or England most likely paid for your night on the town.So when he calls in the next month or so and needs money for some unforseen emergency that I guarentee will happen, it will really be to impress some other tourist or his real Dominican family.

You dont know what the hell you are talking about DR. Badpiece, this girl has found the one and only DDD bartender in the DR..LOL...Be serious, the guy cried for her, that has never happened in the DR before..What a man she has found, he even paid for her night out on the town..what a keeeeeeper he is.

But seriously, why does everyone waste their time with post like this? I know they are good for a laugh, but this is like Groundhog day, the DR version, always the same questions, with the same answers, and the same results..but it is fun...

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006

Although every Dominican will likely call another woman once she hopes on a plane, regardless if he loves her or not, this post is good. He may be dating you with other goals in mind than just being the man of your life. Not 100% the case but is safe to assume that is the 95% one.

DRNED

Oct 28, 2009
Crying after knowing you for no time at all? Sounds like a teenage girl to me. I think I would have burst out laughing if a guy did this infront of me under such circumstances. No I'm not cold, it is just, ,,,a bar tender on a resort? I think we would both know it was a quick fling, use each other and be on our way. Get real for goodness sakes.
Find a real man and forget all this silly drama.

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
trust your own mind

the fact that you posted here to ask questions suggests that you have doubts
in your own mind...listen to them and they will guide you to the right path :)

Status
Not open for further replies.