Is it customary to bring your entire family with you on a date?

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
I wish I had more time to write this, but I went on a date last night with my lawyer friend and she felt the need to bring her entire family. All 3 kids. Needless to say I was p'd off. I only had 2800 pesos cash on me and my Mastercard. Normally that is enough for dinner and a movie. I dont like using the card openly because of cloning. But I dont get it. I ask to take YOU out, not US or THEM. So any way there we are at La Carrita Marchon or something down on 27 and I order chicken breast al criolla y she orders a picadera for the entire family. COME ON! I look like a fu///ng scrooge! Here I am the only guy eating with a knife and fork and everyone else is eating with a toothpick. Wadafuh!
OK, face it I m cheap, and if you re going to bring the whole family then the rules are US rules, we go to Chuck E Cheeses Or MACDONALDS. You dont go to a place with ambiance, Nope, not in a suit and tie to eat a picadera. Oh man, she let me down yesterday, I was so p\d I walkd out the place after I paid the bill and went home, no loving for her. Yes, you get no ice cream.

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
its because she likes you. don't be a jerk.

if you don't want to pay for that stuff make it clear beforehand. yes she's taking advantage a little and she knows it, but she wouldn't introduce you to her kids if she wasnt into you. set clear boundaries and she will respect it.

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
Great post Racer but really, first date with a 'lawyer' friend and to impress the hell out of her you took 2800 pesos, slightly on the tight side! LOL

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Would that be El Carrito de Marchena? On Estrella Sadhal? close to the PUCMM and Hotel Platino?

Gotta remeber, this guy is a newbie, quite ripe for plucking...

HB

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
maybe she was testing you to see how you would get on with her children if the relationship was going anywhere

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
maybe she just wanted to make clear that if you want her you best make sure you know she has kids and they're part of the package :)

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
customary to take the women and kids order first then you know what you can or should order!

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
I say she doesn't like him and used kids as a buffer, otherwise she would have come alone.......lol

hahaha @ Sammytheman

Yup, right on the money. Next time she will be short to pay school for the kids and guess who is she going to ask...

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Don't read too much into the incident.

It doesn't mean she likes you just because she brought her children along.

She just wanted to get them fed for free and figured you would pay for it. You're the man, and that's your job even if the kids are not yours.

If you're with her you now know what your responsibilities are.

And if you leave and never call again no big whoop for her. She'll wait until the next guy comes along.

So if you don't like it don't date a woman with kids.

Welcome the the DR. :cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:

Reactions: Keith R
Don't read too much into the incident.

It doesn't mean she likes you just because she brought her children along.

She just wanted to get them fed for free and figured you would pay for it. You're the man, and that's your job even if the kids are not yours.

If you're with her you now know what your responsibilities are.

And if you leave and never call again no big whoop for her. She'll wait until the next guy comes along.

So if you don't like it don't date a woman with kids.

Welcome the the DR. :cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:

Haha, i was thinking the same thing. And remember racerx, next time you are going on a date- bring loads of cash, and expect the unexpected.

Keep us updated, this is a reallife novela.

ElvisNYC

Jan 27, 2006
If that happened to me, I would laugh ! We would go to un Carrito de Pica Pollo (not Marchena) or Pollo al carbon.. :D

Mujermaravilla

Jun 15, 2006
I remember my mom took me on a date once. She did it because she knew the guy well but she didn't want him to try anything with her. LOL

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I wish I had more time to write this, but I went on a date last night with my lawyer friend and she felt the need to bring her entire family. All 3 kids. Needless to say I was p'd off. .......
My Spanish is bad, so anyone who wants to correct the following Spanish, feel free to do so.

Next time RacerX, cut to the chase, ask/tell her:

"Cuando puedo verte a solas"
... or ...
"Deseo verte a solas"

Be careful though, this usually means more then just seeing them alone. ;) lol

Don

Last edited:

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Would that be El Carrito de Marchena? On Estrella Sadhal? close to the PUCMM and Hotel Platino?

Gotta remeber, this guy is a newbie, quite ripe for plucking...

HB

2 points here: 1st blackdog, the name is RacerX not RockefellerX. I am cheap and always have been. And 2800 pesos get the job done, lawyer or not. The beef here isnt Argentinian nor Kobe, so what are YOU paying for?

Second Hillbilly true I have been here since 1888 like you have but I am not new to anything under the sun(ok technically newer than you but...). I was asking for advice techinically I was venting because I m a cheap ass bastard and I dont like people ruining my style.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
maybe she was testing you to see how you would get on with her children if the relationship was going anywhere

I thought of this, but American rules prevail. You start out first getting to know the guy and then you introduce the kids to him. Dont want the kids to meet someone and it doesnt work out. Plus, American rule 2: you go family dining. HoJos, Perkins, Stuckeys, Ponderosa, IHOP, Burger King, etc. NYC? Chinese buffets.
And by the way a couple more points:
a. never said I was trying to impress anyone. And besides if you need money to impress your pals they arent your pals. And there were so many details I left out the story, that only happen to the kid. If you could ever talk to my best friend back in NY, he would confirm the weirdest **** in the world only happens to me.
b.Some dude said I was lucky she didnt invite the siblings....YOU RE DAMN RIGHT!!! SHE HAS LIKE 26 OF THEM. HER DAD WAS PRO-CREATIVE IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. Damn!!!!
c. I knew she had kids, but I wanted some alone time to talk about things was what I wanted not family time.
d.And clearly she liked me because she was parading me in front of her neighbors like the sweetest corn on the cob.
e. I ll buy Berzins response the most. But I ve been talking to her on and off since July so I know if a woman is feeliing you.