What exactly is the status on abortion here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRNED

Oct 28, 2009
Very confusing after a few girlfriends were talking about it as if it were no big deal, yet I have read it is illegal.

What exactly is the standing on this, legally and the actual reality, legal or not.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Very confusing after a few girlfriends were talking about it as if it were no big deal, yet I have read it is illegal.

What exactly is the standing on this, legally and the actual reality, legal or not.

I cannot believe that you have even asked this question on a public forum in what is virtually a 95% Catholic country... do you have any personal ethics?

I would suggest that you relook at your quality of friends :bunny::bunny::bunny:

Last edited:

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I cannot believe that you have even asked this question on a public forum in what is virtually a 95% Catholic country... do you have any personal ethics?

I would suggest that you relook at your quality of friends :bunny::bunny::bunny:

Whats the big deal, he asked a legitimate question. And what does religion or ethics have to do with his question? The op wants to be informed, not critisized or enlightened about religion. Abortion is legal in many countries, so why should he look at the quality of his friends, because you say so ?
What's with the 3 bunnies...Hmmmm, maybe a subliminal message.

Reactions: mike l

DRNED

Oct 28, 2009

If you are going to talk rubbish please start your own thread, you are not welcome here.

DRNED

Oct 28, 2009
Do you still need the Cabrera cliff pictures?

If it is possible to get them to me then that would be wonderful, if not then I expect I will have a drive there over the next couple of weeks to have a hunt around..

And yes, anyone can post where they like. Thats is why I posted my point about posting elsewhere. Whether they do or not is their business. Preaching at people is something I have no time for. And if someone will judge me or my friends because of our beliefs in abortion, and it being a necessity these days then really, they are wasting time even bothering to reply to me.

DRNED

Oct 28, 2009
you previously asked for help on a $1000 weekend on the coast (punta cana), can we ask what you did with that advice?

Well, I didn't mention Punta Cana if my memory serves me right, just a getaway place with perfect Caribbean setting.

Unless you mesn my recent question about the shacks in PC, which was not a $1000 for a few days, I was looking for the $30-40us per night places I read about.

I have done nothing with either advice as of yet, one was given to me kindly a matter of minutes ago. And the thread the other day had nothing of interest to me as of yet so I am looking for other input elsewhere, what is your interest in what I am doing?

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I think what they are trying to say is that you never want to abort or live with a pig,
In a shack, especially a sugar shack....like the music..

BTW...in the DR... PC = Punta Cana Or Pork Chop

That's me

PC

Last edited:

DRNED

Oct 28, 2009
This site is twisted, how the hell has this thread gone so far from base to pork chops and song lyrics.
I am beginning to agree that this site is rather pointless if you want to find out anything worthwhile knowing. Ask a simple question and people with very little to say, seem to say things just for the hell of it. Some kind of top poster awards between the NorthCoast looney posse. I really do get lost sometimes. Can you get back to the OP please or just allow the thread to die out.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
It's a stupid post and deserves that type of response...sorry to have offended you!

You should read the new rules for bringing sankies to Canada...BTW where are from?

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004

Officially, it is illegal. But it is still done through various degrees of subtle and not-so-subtle subterfuge.

If the doctor "diagnoses" that the pregnancy, taken to term, would be too dangerous for both mother AND child, then an abortion can be done. This is the excuse used for women who are indeed not in danger of carrying the pregnancy to term.

The morality of this is extremely controversial in a country where people feel they can do whatever they want to do as long as they are assured of getting away with it.

Juxtapose this with the ferocity of the right-to-life defenders and the fact that the Dominican population is overwhelmingly Catholic, you can see why this issue is such a powder keg of controversy.

I hope this explanation helps.

DRNED

Oct 28, 2009
You haven't offended me, to offend me you have to make sense, you seem simply incoherent at the moment and so I am unable to take you seriously. Carry on with whatever you are doing, but please stop posting trash on this thread, I was looking for some genuine answers and opinions, you have neither, or anything of interest to contribute.

Goodnight Mike!

DRNED

Oct 28, 2009
Thankyou Berzin,

I wasn't sure about who was doing these abortions if they were illegal, backstreet abortion is likely to be pretty horrific and so I am pleased to see some Drs feel it is best to carry it through and find a way to perform this termination without crossing legal boundaries. I really don't think the morality of being catholic and supporting abortion crosses the line in the modern world. It is pretty much accepted with a massive number of cathoics (me and my entire family inc) that in some cases it is best to abort, for the childs future and the mother, maybe some years ago this would have stood stronger, not these days.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Fair enough, hopefully the electronical wizzards will restore my entertainment center tomorrow.

Have fun though!

Night night!

Sorry abortion is a strong issue

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
sockpuppet with tassles?...:)

If you are going to talk rubbish please start your own thread, you are not welcome here.

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
sockpuppet with tassles?...:)

i've read many of your posts....seems you have a knack for making friends...lol

very contoversial and snippy with your comments...
i think you do it just for the confrontations...
seems that's the only time you get noticed :)

now everyone has a right to post anything here...
most try to use common sense, some are too imature to know the difference
but you come off as smart with a little snottyness to your comments..
try relaxing some and don't take everything so personal :)
maybe people won't get thier hairs up when you're around :)

Status
Not open for further replies.