Nov 27, 2002
www.compunorma.com
- Nagua 02/18/2010, 0:30 in the morning central park
- A group of 20 people sitting peacefully an listening to man playing guitar
- without disturbing anybody
- no drinks involved no beverages sold
- two police cars and a montor bike arrive
- over their loadspeakers we listen the following
- "Duermense "Go To Sleep", A Dormir ahorra! " To Sleep Now"!
- Dejar de cantar ahorra Duermense ya esta bueno!

Good to have a police taken care for health and giving education on how to live. A Peaceful country

Mar 2, 2008
If it had been regaton playing full blast on loud speakers, with a bunch of loud drunken louts dancing and shouting at one another, nothing would have been out of the ordinary, and no police would have bothered to advise the crowd to go to sleep.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
I think it's FUNNY they did not throw you all in jail for the rest of the night... At least that's what I feared I was about to read when I came across the part of the OP's story where the "law" pulled up.

Feedom's jest another word for nothing else to do... out of an ol' Chris Christoferson son.
Well, as my mom used to teach me, ones freedom starts and ends where others' freedoms start.

I understand the OP's objection, but still think, that they got lucky in some way.

... J-D.

Reactions: mike l

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
This is all part of Franklin Almeyda's plan to make sure the "bad guys" (aka guitar playing hippies) are in bed, this way the "good guys" (aka The PO PO) can make and pickup their deliveries without any fear of bumping into anybody decent.

?

? bient?t

Sorry to hijack, but did Chris Christoferson write that song? It was made known by Janis Joplin. "Me and Bobby Mcgee."

Lindsey

Kris Kristofferson wrote it, and it's how I met MamIndie, la "mujer de guerra" que me bachatea.

Reactions: mike l
Mar 2, 2008
Kris Krisofferson wrote it, and Janis Joplin covered it and made it famous, but the actual words in the song are, "Freedom is just another word for nothing else to lose."

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
That's the daily action by Policia Nacional.

Not to mention that many times you will be arrested just for playing Dominoes
outside your house or colmado.

That's a business for the Police. I wont go into details just find out
what "La limpieza" means after arrested.

Mar 2, 2008
It would be funny if the national police was an effective law enforcement agency. However they are a far cry from that.

Perhaps it doesn't matter that the corrupt which runs rampant throughout the Dominican police and military, but it kind of makes a mockery of everything else that they do, including rousting a seemingly peaceful gathering. It is not funny in the least. It is a very sad commentary on the state of law enforcement in the DR.

The bottom line is, they have supreme power, but they seem to only display it as a show of force to unlikely suspects. It is truly a sad situation.