El Limon - how to do it?

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
We are going to Las Terrenas tomorrow. I have been to Las terrrenas several times but never to El Limon. We love to walk so how do we do it. Where do we park the car? Where is the entrance to the trail. Any info is appreciated.

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
el limon

I walked the trail to the falls, because I really don't care for horses. I wish I can remember the name of the place where I parked and got a "tour guide" I think he wanted $30, but I offered him $15, and he took it. It may be called "Maria's" or something. It is on the right hand side, on the way to las Terrenas. It is about 1000 feet past one of the marked fall trail entrances. They have a large pavillion, where there serve a nice buffet type dominican meal. They run horse excusions to the falls, but as I mentioned, I just paid for a guide and walked, and came back and purchased a meal. It is probably served around 1:00?
Take a raincoat, and wear good solid shoes. The rain and horses have the trail worn down to a rocky maze, which is often coated with thin layer of slippy mud or horsesh*t. It is a long walk, but it is worth it. At the top of the falls, they will hit you up for a "pass" for the falls, which may cost 2-3 us dollars, and they offer some cigars and water to you. Some people just take pictures, others jump in for a nice swim. Enjoy! Pat
I advertise on DR1. Here is my personal site. The Coves, Samana, Dominican Republic

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Go to Dona Nega's Parada #5. They are one of the first to do El Limon by horse.

Super people, great food, a meal and a horse/guide for $RD500.

Her phone is 809-462-4727.

We are in her place several times a month.

HIGHLY recommend!:classic:

susan77

Jan 19, 2008
Go to Dona Nega's Parada #5.

Hey Cobraboy-
Can you please provide directions to Dona Nega's from Las Terrenas? Is she near Santi's? I'd like to add your recommendation to the rental guide we give our guests-Thanks!
Susan

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Hey Cobraboy-
Can you please provide directions to Dona Nega's from Las Terrenas? Is she near Santi's? I'd like to add your recommendation to the rental guide we give our guests-Thanks!
Susan
From LT Parada#5 is one of the first you come to after the long uphill grade. She'd be on the left. There is a sign in front.

Don't know Santi's...