Bus Schedule - Santo Dom/Sosua

NY_Gondulez

Feb 25, 2010
has anyone taken it? Hows the ride, as far as distance and prices? How many stops? Any other cheaper way to get from A to B ?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
has anyone taken it? Hows the ride, as far as distance and prices? How many stops? Any other cheaper way to get from A to B ?

Your best bet, all things considered, is to take Caribe Tours or Metro. Both are under US$10 for the 4-4.5 hour trip, with Caribe Tours being a little cheaper than Metro.

Both buses stop in Puerto Plata and Santiago. Caribe Tours spends a little more time in Santiago than does Metro. one reason being it makes 2 stops there. But the difference in arrival time about same, with traffic conditions being a major factor.

Caribe Tours has departures from its station in Charamicos hourly, 20 minutes past the hour. It also has hourly departures from Santo Domingo, on the hour as I recall.

Metro leaves from the farmacia by the Texaco station in Sosua at 8:20, 10:20, 1:20, 3:20 and 5:50. From Santo Domingo to Sosua, Metro has departures at 7 am, 11 am and 4 pm.

Both buses are comfortable, Greyhound type buses. They have bathroom, like on an airplane. I think Metro buses a little better maintained inside, but either is a good choice.

Personally, I prefer Metro because the terminal is easier to navigate and taxis available when you get off the bus. With Caribe Tours, you have to walk through a crowded terminal and further to find a taxi. But that is a personal preference; I have taken both many times.