santiago nursing homes,orphanages

chris11

Feb 25, 2010
> Can you direct me by name to any nursing homes, orphanages, or groups that help street kids in Santiago. I will be there starting march 19th for a week and would like to bring some things like under clothes, eye glasses, fans and jewelery making sets. I will be at Central Plaza hotel unless we stay at "Sharing the vision " mission house.
> We bought our tickets to come with a group but only my husband and I had the money so we are coming anyway. I have the resources to help some while there if I just knew where in that town the above places are. not getting much online.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Nursing home for the elderly: San Vicente: Across the street from the Regional UniversityHospital Cabray Y Baez.

Children's shelter for abandoned, mistreated and abused children.
Padre Emiliano Tardiff: Imaculada Concepcion...Arroyo Hondo

This is out Estrella Sadhala, going south into Jacinto Dumit Ave. Turn left at the last intersection before the bridge. Huge place (confiscated drug lord's old house--unfortunately stripped by the DNCD befroe being turned over to the charity) They have about 30 little boys and girls that can use your help..

You can PM me if you need more information.

Cordially

HB

las2137

Sep 1, 2008
Accion Callejera is a great organization, very well run, and works with street kids.

Here is a google map. Sorry, no longer have the phone number.

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
> Can you direct me by name to any nursing homes, orphanages, or groups that help street kids in Santiago. I will be there starting march 19th for a week and would like to bring some things like under clothes, eye glasses, fans and jewelery making sets. I will be at Central Plaza hotel unless we stay at "Sharing the vision " mission house.
> We bought our tickets to come with a group but only my husband and I had the money so we are coming anyway. I have the resources to help some while there if I just knew where in that town the above places are. not getting much online.

Nursing Home for the elderly: Las Palomas
This place is run by the Pentecostal Metropolitan Church (809-247-6383)
If you need my help, feel free to contact me I work (as volunteer) with guys and ladies in Hogar Crea.(rehabilitation center for drugs, alcohol and some other addictions.)