social life in Bavaro

hedon

Mar 26, 2008
I 'm thinking of going to Bavaro as a single man. I've been to Santo Domingo, Juan Dolio, Boca Chica and Puerto Plata. I know that in Santo Domingo, Boca Chica and Juan Dolio you can always find some one to help you occupy your time.
How does this compare to Bavaro? Since I love salsa and merengue, I guess I'd have to leave the resort to find the music and the local populations. Where do the locals hang out that is safe?

Reactions: mike l

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
There really isn't much outside the resorts in Bavaro / Punta Cana. There are a few clubs if that's your thing: Mangu, Imagine, World Club. You will see an endless number of "bars" where the locals hang out but unless you speak Spanish you probably wouldn't enjoy it too much. Off the top of my head there is the Luna Del Caribe next to Pueblo Bavaro and Veron Tropical in Veron. You would almost certainly be the only non-local at either of these two (i.e. you will definitely get the local flavor if that's what you are really after). I've never felt unsafe or threatened on any of my ventures through the area at night. I'm sure you'd have no trouble finding a "companion" although I've no experience with that side of things. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Mason3000

Aug 2, 2008
Steve's corner bar is a good spot to hang with foreign locals, plenty of girls hanging around the place. Hang out there until closing time then walk down the street (a block or two, just follow the crowd of people) and go to Mangu which is open all night long.

yb1

Oct 6, 2008
You'll need to choose a hotel in a central location to be near the action and to avoid having to pay for expensive taxis as you're traveling alone. Some Punta Cana hotels are isolated especially the northern ones. Punta Cana is spread over 35miles of coastline.

A hotel in the Cortecito area would suit your needs. Here's a link to some maps that show hotels, bars, clubs etc. (see Map 4 for Cortecito).

Have fun!

Reactions: mike l

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
those Maps are top and up to scale, fantastic.
yep,
look on the hotels Occ. Grand Flamenco, Princess Chain, Palladium, Catabela, Barcelo Dominican Beach.
they are available for reasonable rates due it sounds you will not spent much time on the room, lol,
and they are located near the El Cortecito and laza Bavaro area where the flavors flour around.
Steve's Bar is a great spot to hang out.
cheers
Mike