Juan Francisco Morrobel?

MichelleMoreau

Mar 2, 2010
Does someone know a man called Juan Francisco Morrobel...who used to live in Puerto Plata; he is probably around 34 years old, coming from Africa I think...and was working at Sand Castle Resort in 1994!!?? :ermm:

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
An African working in Puerto Plata 16 years ago?

Did he speak any Spanish?

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
He was black but not from Africa, fer crissakes!! He was from Luper?n where all the Morrobels are from...generally speaking a smart group of folks.

HB

MichelleMoreau

Mar 2, 2010
He was from Africa (or his parents)...
Was speaking at least Spanish...but not english or french
I should post a picture of him...I'll do it if it can help!

And no, it's not the guy on the picture, the golfer - Juan Francisco was a poor, I really doubt that he is now playing golf!..

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
An African with a Spanish Name ? I guess he could be from Equatorial Guinea, but highly highly improbable.
Why would he immigrate to the DR instead of Spain ?

MichelleMoreau

Mar 2, 2010
J-F Morrobel

An African with a Spanish Name ? I guess he could be from Equatorial Guinea, but highly highly improbable.
Why would he immigrate to the DR instead of Spain ?

I really don't know!!!.. I just remember that he tell me he, or his family came from Africa - and they looks like african people too! He was dark! I really don't know why his name is kind of spanish...maybe they change to fit the place!?! :) ...
I will be back here tonight, and post a picture of him!

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I really don't know!!!.. I just remember that he tell me he, or his family came from Africa - and they looks like african people too! He was dark! I really don't know why his name is kind of spanish...maybe they change to fit the place!?! :) ...
I will be back here tonight, and post a picture of him!

Bull **** !

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
ok! you're not forced to participate if you are not able to participate with kindness! ...go to hell bull****man!

I am very kind woman :) I just think it is a BS.

For your info, I am African and being dark doesn't mean that you are from Africa ;)

Good luck in your search ;)

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I know, but the dominican people I saw there in 94, were less darker...that's why I say that.

There are dark Dominicans too.
He could be Haitian.
I just never heard of Africans in the DR, unless they were exchange students.

Just my two cents...

MichelleMoreau

Mar 2, 2010
He could be Haitian.

Just my two cents...

From Wikipedia..
''In 2003, the population of the Dominican Republic was estimated at 8,715,602 inhabitants, a density of 180 inhabitants per km ?. Most Dominicans are the result of a mix between black Africans and Spaniards (10% of the population),...''

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
From Wikipedia..
''In 2003, the population of the Dominican Republic was estimated at 8,715,602 inhabitants, a density of 180 inhabitants per km ?. Most Dominicans are the result of a mix between black Africans and Spaniards (10% of the population),...''

Superb researching skills :)
These Africans got to the island of the DR a couple hundred years ago, so logically their descendants don't identify with the continent.

Your great knowledge overwhelms me, so I will retire from this thread and wish you good luck Michelle.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Hillbilly is right, I lived in Luperon, family of my wife is from there, Morrobel is a well known family in Luperon. Has nothing to do with Africa. Of course there were ancestors from there some 300 - 400 yrs ago, maybe he was joking and meant that, or you met one of those ;) The only African I met here (by nationality) was a Nigerian guy working for a known jewellers chain on the North Coast.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
This guy must be the grandson of Don Santiago Monrrobel one of the most respectable men and the owner of the oldest store/ super market (Tienda La Altagracia) in Luperon downtown, his son "Chicho" is the teacher of a Santiago university...

Good people, a pleasure for me to do business with this family when I used to work as a sales person.

JJ

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
He could be Haitian.

Just my two cents...

I met a kid from Cameroon in Boca Chica a few years back. Hella' chess player. I advised him to give up his paint-by-numbers career on the beach and get himself to St. Martin where he could make some good money and put his 5 language fluency to work for him in the resort business.

I have met a very few Africans in the D.R. and the stories of how they got there would make a great book.

But you're right. That part about dark=African is just ign'ant.

MichelleMoreau

Mar 2, 2010
I don't care if there is dark or less dark dominican, that's not a problem!...but the person I am surching for is dark, and told me he was from Africa..and that's it!!