Need help or advice

billt8552

Oct 22, 2007
My wife and I are coming to LT April 2 and will be there til April 10. Unfortunately our local accommodations were made for April 4-10. Does anyone have any idea if there is anyplace we can stay overnight in LT or Samana April 2 and 3? I know that is a bad weekend for finding a place to stay since half of the Dominicans will be there? Should we just stay in Santo Domingo for those two nights? HELP!!

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
My wife and I are coming to LT April 2 and will be there til April 10. Unfortunately our local accommodations were made for April 4-10. Does anyone have any idea if there is anyplace we can stay overnight in LT or Samana April 2 and 3? I know that is a bad weekend for finding a place to stay since half of the Dominicans will be there? Should we just stay in Santo Domingo for those two nights? HELP!!

Yes that's a great idea, you can shop till you drop and enjoy the colonial zone!

Stroll on the Malecon an enjoy all of the treasures the Nation's Capitol has to offer here in the DR ( the Dominican ) as some call it!

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Don't go too far west on the Malec?n unless you have a pistol,

Pelaut, thanks for the information !! I'm sure the folks will be packing for their protection.

Folks, a stay in Santo Domingo is an excellent suggestion. Visit the coloinal zone as there are many various sites there to see. There are museums, clubs, nightlife, restaurants, and other points of interest.

A nice half day visit would be to Jardin Botanico (Botanical Garden).

Regards,
PJT

Juniper

Apr 15, 2004
Santo Domingo will be heavenly at that time of the year since everyone takes a mass exodus to the beaches. The traffic will actually be decent.

billt8552

Oct 22, 2007
thanks

Thanks for all the advice on this forum and by e-mail. It looks like we have someplace to stay in LT for the two days in question. I am really looking forward to our visit!

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
........Does anyone have any idea if there is anyplace we can stay overnight in LT or Samana April 2 and 3?...........
Try sending an email to Caribey Hotel to see if they have a room available. They speak English, at least the person who answers email. ;)

El Hotel

billt8552

Oct 22, 2007
thanks to all

Thanks to all for your advice--we are staying at Fata Morgana with my friend Edit deJong from April 4-10. She was able to find us a room at Casa Delfin for the 2nd and 3rd. Perhaps our paths will cross--my email is billt8552@aol.com. Contact me if you will. God bless!!

Bill