I can't figure out what part of this sentance is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
A woman I am talking to said this to me; "Pero soy se?orita y lo quiero seguir siendo y abrasarlo amarlo mucho." I don't understand "lo quiero seguir siento". Amarlo comes out as something to do with "burn" when it should be the imperfect of "amor" as far as I can tell.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You are sure dumb! She is telling you that she is a virgin and wants to continue being one. Apparently she says she wants to hold onto it and love it a lot. It is possible that because of her lack of education she is telling you she want to hugs you and love you but no putting that one-eyed monk into the jade garden...

You cannot use computer aided translations for this stuff. ( I really don't think you are dumb!!)

HB

IBNYSD

Aug 12, 2009
Columbus, Ohio, United States
"lo quiero seguir siento" Came out as- I want to remain.

"Pero soy se?orita y lo quiero seguir siendo y abrasarlo amarlo mucho." Came out as- "I miss but I want it to remain and abrasar so much love."

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
I see the meaning now. I only tried to use the computer translation after the dictionary wasn't helpful to me either. Getting compound phrases right is my big weakness in Spanish. This woman is not uneducated, she is in graduate school right now and is an accountant at a company that sells inverters.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
A woman I am talking to said this to me; "Pero soy se?orita y lo quiero seguir siendo y abrasarlo amarlo mucho." I don't understand "lo quiero seguir siento". Amarlo comes out as something to do with "burn" when it should be the imperfect of "amor" as far as I can tell.

I understand very well what she means,< lo quiero seguir siendo
y abrasarlo amarlo mucho > she want to remain been a virgin and she wants to hug her virginity like a beloved treasure.

Me entendiste?

JJ

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006

SIENDO......BEING.....
NOT SIENTO......FEELING.

"But I am a virgin and I want to keep being one and hug you and love you much".

actually it doesn't make sense at the end.............it seems she's talking about you....wants to continue being a virgin but would like to hug and love you.

lol she doesn't want to hug and love her virginity!!! :laugh:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The "siento" is a reflection of her lack of proper writing skills...she meant to say siendo...

I see that most of the on-lookers agreed with what i figured it to mean...

Anyway, if you are lucky, maybe this is the one??

HB

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006

I think the OP made that mistake, writing siento instead of siendo, not the girl's mistake, right trainman?

Con todo respeto HB.....that makes no sense.....that she would want to love and hug her virginity........

anywho, the point is that the girl wants to stay a virgin and the OP won't get any ;)

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
Yes I made that mistake, anyways she is still a friend but off my list for a relationship.
I am too old to wait around for someone to marry me.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Yes I made that mistake, anyways she is still a friend but off my list for a relationship.
I am too old to wait around for someone to marry me.

It would be interesting to know what u said before she said these words. Ficki ficki mamita?? :ermm:

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
"lo quiero seguir siento" Came out as- I want to remain.

"Pero soy se?orita y lo quiero seguir siendo y abrasarlo amarlo mucho." Came out as- "I miss but I want it to remain and abrasar so much love."

that translation sucks bro. Hmmm, But I am a lady and I want to continue being one, but I want to hug you, love you alot.

I dont know if she is a virgin that may just be a ploy because she wants you to find her respectable and to marry her also. WHo knows? I d bet on that. the virgin crap is so you ll go thru the motions she read about in Don Quijote, bring like 4 goats to her parents house and ask for her hand in marriage. In grad school and still a virgin...in the DR? What is she? 33? I dont think she s worth it, there is a screw loose somewhere. Every woman here dreams of being a mother witha big house and 2 yepetas, I dont know anyone who idolizes virginity.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
that translation sucks bro. Hmmm, But I am a lady and I want to continue being one, but I want to hug you, love you alot.

I dont know if she is a virgin that may just be a ploy because she wants you to find her respectable and to marry her also. WHo knows? I d bet on that. the virgin crap is so you ll go thru the motions she read about in Don Quijote, bring like 4 goats to her parents house and ask for her hand in marriage. In grad school and still a virgin...in the DR? What is she? 33? I dont think she s worth it, there is a screw loose somewhere. Every woman here dreams of being a mother witha big house and 2 yepetas, I dont know anyone who idolizes virginity.

Well I agree with earlier poster. DR Spanish...Senorita in this sentece means virgin... then if she is or not is a another question

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
I thought something was rotten also so I emailed the guy at the Latin Affairs company and they just completed an investigation. It seems this woman made and used a fake Cedula. She used it to say that she is 23 when she is really 19, I guess she is trying to get as old a man as possible. Obviously I am not talking to that pendeja anymore.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
OK this thread is swinging the wrong way. May I remind everyone that the Spanish forum is here in the hopes that the rest of us might learn a little Spanish/Dominican and not to give relationship advice, advertise or complain about where you met someone.

Some things are personal and I would hope ( yeah right) that some people might use a little discretion and not post private messages from their so called loved ones.

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.