this is going to seem a little archane...

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
but does anyone know where i can get our VCR fixed in Santiago?

my kids have like 600 TAPES, so we need the VCR. We have a DVD, too, don't worry.

OR maybe even better. if anyone could tell me where I can get the tapes transferred to DVD and about how much it costs?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
VCRs are fixed easily and cheaply. Just go to any corner electronic repair place in santiago and they will fix it.
transferring 600 tapes will cost a fortune, not to mention, time consuming work.
there are a few in downtown city.
AZB

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
where are you located? I know a guy who does TVs and that stuff on Calle Santome...VCR huh? Yea, I heard 8-tracks were making a comeback and so was Quadraphonic Hi-fi Stereos

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Gurabo is pretty far to come just to fix a VCR, but if you wanna know its like Calle Santome No. 40 or something. Its one block in from Calle Del Sol on Santome, little green building right there on the corner, vacant lot next door. I cant recall the name of the side street but its directly behind the San Jose Credit Union.

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
racer, yo ando la ciudad entera. why would i just stay in gurabo when there's a whole city to explore? :)
thanks for the info, i'm going to try to get this thing there next week sometime, i'll let you know how it goes.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
racer, yo ando la ciudad entera. why would i just stay in gurabo when there's a whole city to explore? :)
thanks for the info, i'm going to try to get this thing there next week sometime, i'll let you know how it goes.
Calle Santome for your information LaTeacher, is way up the hill, about one block pass where the "A" cars turn left onto Calle Sabana Larga. This is way past the main business section on Calle Del Sol.

I had never heard of the street, so I looked it up on the map.
Being so far out of the normal shopping district is why I have not noticed it.
I have passed it going up the hill on Del Sol to Av. Francia, but never noticed it.

Now which way is "IN" from Del Sol is your guess, I would have said Left or Right off of Del Sol since Del Sol is a one-way street. (Left is a short one block long, Right is several blocks long).

Don

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009

Yo, you walk the whole city? Dang! I tried walking to Gurabo via Bartolome Colon and I when I got to like some abandoned plaza on 27 feb I was sweating so much I called it quits. Of course were I to actually do that I could burn a whole lot of calories. I used to do that in the US and carry like $4 with me so I could go into a supermarket and buy a half-gallon juice or something to rehydrate. Man I had a sweeet 6 pack them days.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Calle Santome for your information LaTeacher, is way up the hill, about one block pass where the "A" cars turn left onto Calle Sabana Larga. This is way past the main business section on Calle Del Sol.

I had never heard of the street, so I looked it up on the map.
Being so far out of the normal shopping district is why I have not noticed it.
I have passed it going up the hill on Del Sol to Av. Francia, but never noticed it.

Now which way is "IN" from Del Sol is your guess, I would have said Left or Right off of Del Sol since Del Sol is a one-way street. (Left is a short one block long, Right is several blocks long).

Don

1. Its not that out of the area, the Monument is only 2 blocks away. 5 walking distance minutes from the biggest attraction in town.
2. "In" demonstrate go where the road continues. The repair shop is only one block after where you would turn (also the biggest factor to consider here is that Santome is a 1 way street also so you would have to turn right-INto the new street)
3. I said it was directly behind the credit union. The credit union faces the street on Del Sol next to the customs bureau so you would want to make your way behind that building.
That was pretty clear. And I did say little green building on the corner right next to the vacant lot?