Flat panel tv custom fee ?

JFD

Feb 10, 2010
Anyone know the fee for importing a flat panel tv ?

Just guessing, 20% for custom + 16 % ITBI +
10 % of selectivo, but i'm not quite sure.

Thanks

Cheers

Julien

Reactions: mike l

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
Anyone know the fee for importing a flat panel tv ?

Just guessing, 20% for custom + 16 % ITBI +
10 % of selectivo, but i'm not quite sure.

Thanks

Cheers

Julien

Business mail quoted me $700. to import a 52 in flat led tv,which includes shipping from miami to sd and all taxes...
bob

JFD

Feb 10, 2010
Bob, how much was the cost of the tv ?

P.O. Box is quoting me around 186 USD for the shipping alone.
I've been trying to find the values on the DGA website, no luck
so far.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Business mail quoted me $700. to import a 52 in flat led tv,which includes shipping from miami to sd and all taxes...
bob

If they can guaratee that. go for it. It's probably a lot cheaper than buying one here. (If you can get it at a decent price in Miami)

JFD

Feb 10, 2010
Got it:

20%+10%+16%, but don't think they will charge 46%, they reach 53% (tax on tax, which by the way is illegal :eek:)

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
Bob, how much was the cost of the tv ?

P.O. Box is quoting me around 186 USD for the shipping alone.
I've been trying to find the values on the DGA website, no luck
so far.

makes no difference...its $700. for any 52 inch led or lcd tv....
bob

May 29, 2006
If I ship one from the UK will I get english programs?

Well they do have BBC America. Hope you like Antiques Roadshow, Cash in the Attic or Gordan Ramsey.

I couldn't help but watch Bargain Hunt once in a while on the very slim chance someone actually made money on the show. The host seemed like he was a refugee from a Dr Who casting call. Hey, Jon Pertwee just called and he wants his velvet jacket and frilly shirt back!

Oh and they have The Office, just no Ricky Gervais...

May 29, 2006
But back to the OP, I wonder if it would be worth your while to order two at once. I'm sure you could sell one at a profit...

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
worth it?

The pain and worries are not even worth the hassle where you
can buy it in DR.

Personally I spoke with Maximo (Peralta Bros) shipping from Toronto trying
to send a Car + living room set.

First thing he said "what dont you buy all of that in DR and save the pain"
Or that he will ship the items but I would have to get it out on my own
meaning that the time and dealing with gov staff at the custom dpt is not
worth it.

All big brand name representatives in DR. pay a lot in taxes or brive to make sure no one else can bring to the island products that they are already selling
or can be competency for the local market.

Plaza Lama
Radio Centro
Distribudora Corripio

for sure they all have this set up, the same thing to bring generators it will cost an arm to get it out of custom.

I might be wrong but those are info I got from different brokers

But back to the OP, I wonder if it would be worth your while to order two at once. I'm sure you could sell one at a profit...

May 29, 2006
Montero can jump through all the hoops. If it's worth importing one TV, it's worth importing two and selling one.

May 29, 2006
The cost of HD flat screens in the US is simply stupid how cheap it is. And with the HD it seems like you are getting a bigger screen anyways. What sells for $400 now would be over $1000 just a few years ago. They save a lot on shipping from China compared to the old CRT TVs.

Last edited:

JFD

Feb 10, 2010
In some cases, the difference is worth the pita. For example the new technology led Samsung flat panel 40" cost around 95 K DOP at Distribuidora Corripio and 1,060 USD in the US :ermm:...

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Remember there is a difference between being able to quote and being able to deliver, especially in the DR. If Montero can deliver I will be ordering appliances right away, the pricing they are quoting is indeed impressive.

But I would like to see some success stories first, because as we all know, talk is cheap, especially here.

JFD

Feb 10, 2010
Who is Montero ?
I use P.O.Box International. They charge me 180 USD for the shipping from Miami to SDQ. They deal with customs and pay them the fee(s), around 53% of the value of the invoice.