im losing my hair IN THIS COUNTRY

drgringo

Apr 25, 2009
I cant believe it, never before coming here 10 months ago have i noticed hair loss. But now its happening, not severe but noticeable.

Is it possible to buy Rogaine or Minoxidil anywhere in SD???

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
My hair is going grey but I don't put it down to location, just the good old ageing process.

el forastero

Bronze
Oct 25, 2009
I think I found your hair ! Next time you are getting your hair braided at the beach, just tell them not so tight.

wwj9rp.jpg
:bunny::bunny:

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I cant believe it, never before coming here 10 months ago have i noticed hair loss. But now its happening, not severe but noticeable.

I could believe it if you were a canine :cheeky: because the dog we brought from UK years ago, shed its outer coat after the move from a cold to a warm climate, and each regrowth was of fine hair, not the outer coat it had had in UK. In my case, my hair appears to grow faster since I've been living here but the aging process means the hair is less like a brillo pad (i.e. finer) than before.

There are all sorts of reasons for hair loss but not usually the climate
Hair Loss: Causes. By Mayo Clinic staff

Hormonal, health, dietary and indeed age all plays a part.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Yes, you can get Rogaine at most Farmacias...

FARMAX or any of the others.

HB

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
get a can of vulcanizing rubber and coat that scalp like the tarmac at Dulles Airport. This will keep the rest of the hair you have in place and I m sure look really stylish.

Reactions: socuban

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004

Is it possible to buy Rogaine or Minoxidil anywhere in SD???

Bald is beautiful,dont fight it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....
bob

drgringo

Apr 25, 2009
Yes, you can get Rogaine at most Farmacias...

FARMAX or any of the others.

HB

HB is this right or a ripoff

Saw Rogaine in a Bravo farmacia near privada area- it was a green box-unsure of how much or how long the solution will last but was 4000dr.

Rumble2005

Mar 18, 2006
My hair and nails grow super fast here.

Interesting. I have noticed the same phenomenon on every vacation to the DR but thought people would say I am crazy if I went public with the observation.

Is there any scientific reason for hair and nails growing quicker in a tropical climate?

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
When in the sun more your body gets more vitamin D. It is good for hair and nails. My hair and nails were healthy and grew like crazy while living in the DR.
I live in New England now and without so much sun my hair and nails do not grow so fast.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Interesting. I have noticed the same phenomenon on every vacation to the DR but thought people would say I am crazy if I went public with the observation.

Is there any scientific reason for hair and nails growing quicker in a tropical climate?

I don't know about scientific reasons, but most hairdressers and barbers will tell you that hair grows faster in the warm summer months - more frequent haircuts and root color touch-ups. Good for their business :cheeky:

AE

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
all that matters is what my dominican wife and dominican born son want, and then if there is anything left over i buy grecian formula and a tank of gas for my boat.........

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
The best product for the hair loss is "La recignacion" = resignation

Si naciste pa' martillo del cielo te caen los clavos...

hahaha