Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cafe Santo Domingo in Canada?

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cafe Moreno View Post
    we launching a website to sells Dominican Coffee all Canada we will be posting informations.Thank you Cafe Moreno.
    Before you do that, you need to contact me about advertising.

I'm sure you wouldn't want to have your business banned and black listed on DR1, right?

PM or email me for details.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

La Cabana
    848 Merivale Rd, Ottawa, ON
    just south of Carling

they have cafe Santo Domingo sometimes

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's a dirty little secret: because the price for top grade green coffee has gone through the roof (some Dominican coffees are selling for spot+70), most of the Dominican crop is getting exported. Once it was 85%, now it's around 95%.

So the larger DR coffee producers are IMPORTING cheaper, non-gourmet quality coffee for domestic production.

What you think is Dominican coffee in the stores, even the big brands, most likely isn't.

Post Thanks / Like

e-mail me or call me we have Dominican Café Santo Domingo to sell at 7$ for 10oz. importationhispanique@hotmail.com or 514-475-2173

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvianne View Post
    e-mail me or call me we have Dominican Café Santo Domingo to sell at 7$ for 10oz. importationhispanique@hotmail.com or 514-475-2173
    That is a criminal act!

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

We were pretty shocked that the cost for a pound of coffee in Santo Domingo had DOUBLED in one year. No one could really tell me why.

Today I came across this article in the NY Times about Colombian coffee and the reason for the high prices lately, apparently it applies to DR too:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/10/sc...l?ref=americas

AE

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Sadly with the rising fuel costs, the price of just about all foods is going up. CBC news was talking about the estimated increases we can expect and coffee prices are continuing to climb hit's a caffein junky like me pretty hard.. LOL What I don't understand is that they are blaming rising oil prices on the crisis in Lybia, yet they say that they only accound for around 2.5% of the oil supply...

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm in Ottawa centre..I just got back and brought about 8 lbs..4 of which have been given as gifts, the other 4 are for personal consumption I often have friends who send me some throughout the year..I'd be more than happy to pm you when I have an extra hangin around. I love it just as you do. I can't complain about the price..2 bucks per pound is peanuts. I was getting it cheaper other years but cmon..2 bucks is the price of one starbucks. Also hoping the BeerStore will one day carry Presidente..I can only get that in new york.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gemcee View Post
    I'm in Ottawa centre..I just got back and brought about 8 lbs..4 of which have been given as gifts, the other 4 are for personal consumption I often have friends who send me some throughout the year..I'd be more than happy to pm you when I have an extra hangin around. I love it just as you do. I can't complain about the price..2 bucks per pound is peanuts. I was getting it cheaper other years but cmon..2 bucks is the price of one starbucks. Also hoping the BeerStore will one day carry Presidente..I can only get that in new york.
    I just brought 25 pounds of Cafe Santo Domingo back - and it cost me a lot more than $2 each. Where did you buy it for that price??

Last year we paid 72 pesos, this year it was 145 pesos for grano [beans]. Almost exactly double. I'm still kicking myself for not buying a ton of Monte Alto when we were in Jarabacoa.

AE

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

In ottawa, Mercado Latino on Montreal Road carries Cafe Santo Domingo, it's just 2 blocks west of the vanier parkway.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast