urb. real, santo domingo

E

engineerfg

As a fresh off the boat tonto gringo, I'm curious if people have an opinion on the quality of the neighborhood - Urb. Real in the South West near Luperon?

The real estate agent tried to 'pitch' me that if I moved here, I would be neighbors with Juan Luis Guerra. I had to later wikipedia search him to understand if this was a good thing or a bad thing. lol

Any opinions on the area?

E

engineerfg

haha a second person i had to wikipedia to know who he was. me thinks these real estate agents need to change their pitch up for us foreigners!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
When he's in the DR, JLG lives in Arroyo Hondo, as far as I know. Most of the time he's in Miami.

Pedro Tercero

Dec 22, 2006
I am in my second year renting in what I think is Urb. Real. Some mail to my building uses Urb. Renaissance. We are the first street across 27 from Luperon, Diagonal B. It is mostly apt bldgs here, very quiet. In a way, I liked the Guaricano de Villa Mella poor neighborhood better because of all the street life and the steady serving of free music from the corner colmado, but I was told not to go walking around. Funny, they tell me the same thing here, but I take walks anyway. No problems yet.

Pedro Tercero