Rocky's For Everything...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Everytime my electricity goes out and need to use my computer ...where do I go?

Rocky's!

Everytime I want a good meal where do I go?

Rocky's

Great Place, Good Food, Fantastic People !

Why isn't pork chop on the menu?

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
The ONLY thing they DON'T do is BREAKFAST at 5 PM (Really! And that in Sosua, where you'd never know when people actually get up!)... and that made Melany one really unhappy little girl, she so much wanted those sunny side up fried eggs on ham and bacon strips... that evening. :bored: ;)

... J-D.

Mar 2, 2008
I resorted to ordering an egg, cheese, and bacon sandwich, which they do have available after 5:00. I haven't asked them to 'hold the bread' yet, but I'm pretty sure they would if asked.

There is a way to work around most things in the DR!

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Rocky's is not the only bar in Sosua there you can get all the above and more, try Britannia and broaden your horizons. Plus you can get Pork normaly

Rocky's isn't the only bar in Sosua, what a revelation.
Idea, why don't you start another thread that isn't about Rocky's and give everyone here a complete listing of every bar in Sosua that has been kept a secret from us, just to broaden our horizons.

Mar 2, 2008
Cabbage, believe it or not, most of us go to many different restaurants during the course of any given month, and we don't need someone telling us to 'broaden our horizons', but thanks just the same.

This particular thread was started by Mike to recognize Rocky's for what it has to offer, not to denigrate other restaurants.

Britannia is a great restaurant, and the new owners are very nice people. They have continued to do a wonderful job, and I think Paul would be the first one to say so.

However, you seem intent on pitting one restaurant against another, and that just won't fly here. Good restaurants tend to be symbiotic, as they each add their own distinctive styles to the entire atmosphere in an area. The more good restaurants to choose from the better.

Cabbage, I don't know where you came from, but please go back.

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Originally Posted by CabbageLookingButNotGreen
Rocky's is not the only bar in Sosua there you can get all the above and more, try Britannia and broaden your horizons. Plus you can get Pork normaly

Oh my.... Correct me if I am wrong but I think we do have pork on the menu!?!?!?!?!?

But maybe cabbage knows best.

Naptime

Jul 23, 2008
www.vitos.com
did you just hijack a rocky's thread to promote your business, with your very first post.... after i just spent the last hour reading threads about the horrible service at your place? :pirate:

Last edited by a moderator:

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Let's get back on topic...Rocky's Rules !

And so does Britannia !

And so do a bunch of other places for what they offer!

So What's your offer?

paddy

Silver
Oct 4, 2003
Everytime my electricity goes out and need to use my computer ...where do I go?

Rocky's!

Everytime I want a good meal where do I go?

Rocky's

Great Place, Good Food, Fantastic People !

Why isn't pork chop on the menu?
Because Rockys real name is Mustafa...LOL

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
What's all the hype about Rocky's?

We thought we would try it last night. We were the only ones in there, so there was no atmosphere. Kind of looks like a works canteen with the plastic chairs and the tables in a line. Only a goggle box nailed to the wall with the volume turned down.

Two girls serving. One heavily pregnant one and a petite one, both attractive.

We ordered a couple of pequenias which were chilled to perfection. I ordered 9 ribs and my fellow diner ordered the garlic chicken. Considering we were the only two there, our meals took 45 mins to come.

The girls were too busy eating their own dinners to realise our drinks were empty.

I didn't realise I had ordered chihuahua ribs. Not much meat on them, but they did taste good. The garlic chicken was ok.

The final bill for two meals and four beers was RD1200. Not expensive, but there are a lot cheaper places with a better ambience.

So all in all, an average experience. Not what I would expect from all the hype I've read on this forum.

Reactions: AlaninDR

rover

Aug 19, 2007
I would like to see breakfast served at 5:00 P.M. at Rocky's myself but with that said I wouldn't have breakfast anywhere else.

For me it has the best breakfast in Sosua and is the only place where I know of anywhere that gives you your own pot of coffee with your breakfast.

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
The breakfast is the best for the money at rockys..but my favorite overall for food quality and people watching is bailys...a little costly, but always good...

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
Scotch 'n Sirloin also leave a full pot of coffee on the table at breakfast.

. . . and in fact Rocky's doesn't anymore. Or at least we didn't get a pot in five breakfasts over four weeks in Feb-Mar this year. Re-fills yes but no pot as before.

Otherwise I found the ambience to be much nicer than in the first year after Marc relinquished the reins. And it seemed busier more often too than last year.

The OP was probably there on a bad day.

But perhaps Rick should be around more often. I don't think I saw him more than once in the six or so visits.

Last edited:

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Love my BLT's and Rockys has the best for the price. But as Beeza said only a google box on low volume. How about some lively music at night or does the noise police still live on the premises?

Status
Not open for further replies.