Sports stores in SD

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
I was wondering if anyone knows the name and location of any large sports stores in the Santo Domingo area? We are heading there in a couple of weeks time and need to buy several items (balls, bats, gloves, cones, etc.) for our upcoming summer camp (Camp Esperanza in Cabrera)? Any suggestions of where to go, would be greatly appreciated! If there is another city that has a better option, I'd love to know about that too. Thanks so much!

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
I was wondering if anyone knows the name and location of any large sports stores in the Santo Domingo area? We are heading there in a couple of weeks time and need to buy several items (balls, bats, gloves, cones, etc.) for our upcoming summer camp (Camp Esperanza in Cabrera)? Any suggestions of where to go, would be greatly appreciated! If there is another city that has a better option, I'd love to know about that too. Thanks so much!

sports equipment store on El Conde. east end. has a decent selection.

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
Thanks! I've been to the one on El Conde, but it doesn't have quite the selection we need... although it does have most things. Would either of you be able to give me rough directions on getting to the Bella Vista Mall or the La Sirena with the sports department? I'd be coming from the new highway.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Why not have4 them shipped in? Sports equipment, by law, is supposed to be subject to 2% duty.
You could have a freind send down one fo the boxes or barrels that Dominicans use to shop everything from rice and beans to the laatest clothes and appliances...
El Molino Deportivo in Sto Dgo...shouldhave all you need.

HB

tjmurray

Bronze
Aug 11, 2006
The name of the store on El Conde is Molina Deportivo. They have branches on El Conde, on Ave. Mella right in front of La Sirena in Chinatown and also on Ave. Tiradentes, on the second floor of the Plaza Naco shopping mall. I would assume you could find the selection you need here.

There is also a sporting good store that specializes in baseball equipment on 27 de Febrero. If you are traveling West on 27, the store is about a few blocks past Churchill Ave on the left hand side. I do not remember the name unfortunately.

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
Thank you all so much for the information. We'll check out a couple different of these sports stores and I'm sure we'll be able to find everything we need.