Mellow Music in Naco?

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
Would anyone know a restaurant or lounge in or near Naco that would have relativly mellow music in the evening? I'm looking for a place where its still possible to have a conversation between songs. Pehaps an accoustic guitar or two maybe with a vocalist. I've been to a few places in the Zona Colonial like this (America Restaurante Friday nights). There are lots of restaurants and lounges in Naco but finding out about music is not that easy.

tjmurray

Bronze
Aug 11, 2006
What about Mix on Gustavo Mejia Ricart between Lincoln and Lope de Vega. They have a large outdoor area where you can drink and chat.

This is not acoustic music though; mainly lounge.

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
Mix

I had seen Mix listed in the DR1 Guide and I read a few good online reviews of it. It sounds like the food is good and it is a casual type place. It was on my list of places to visit so I think I'll stop in and then post a review in the DR1 Guide.

tjmurray

Bronze
Aug 11, 2006
I had seen Mix listed in the DR1 Guide and I read a few good online reviews of it. It sounds like the food is good and it is a casual type place. It was on my list of places to visit so I think I'll stop in and then post a review in the DR1 Guide.

Please do! Reviews always help.

SteveS

Apr 15, 2008
Birdie Time on Federico Geraldino has a singer every friday night. Mellow music and a more mature crowd if that's your thing.

Its near the Ashton School in a plaza there.

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
Thanks for the replies. I will be staying at the Clarion so I certainly will visit Bottoms Bar. I already posted a review of it in the DR1 GUIDE. The music there tends towards dance music and kareoke but it is a mellower scene than other clubs. Birdie Time is a golf themed restauraunt in the center of the city.http://www.birdietime.com.do/unlimitpages.asp?id=12V It sounds interesting and if we are nearby on a Friday night we may check it out.

Last edited:

SteveS

Apr 15, 2008
Another one that they've been pushing recently on the radio, if jazz is your thing, is friday nights at the Dominican Fiesta lounge bar, some sort of jazz night.

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
Beer House and Mix

We ended up visiting both Mix and The Beer House. The Beer House was good but not very busy. They had a great list of beers but when it came time to order they did not have three of my selections. With such a big list I eventualy found something I liked. The prices on the imported beers was a bit high ($200RD+/-). The menu looked interesting so the next time I will go for dinner. With a name like The Beer house I expected more of a tavern type place but it was more upscale. The inside dance floor was busy early and the music that night was mostly American and British. The outside bar was almost deserted but the music was mellow enough for conversation. There were many outside tables with a large screen TV with the Red Sox game on it. The Mix Lounge was low key also. The first visit we spent inside due to wind and rain but the second visit we sat on the comfortable sofas outside at a candlelit table and enjoyed the lounge music and conversation. They specialize in "food to share" so we had a few Mexican style appetizers. We also shared a desert (Chocolate Fondu) which was fantastic. A very low key and romantic way to spend a few hours. I submitted a review for both for the DR1 GUIDE.