Vacationer says she was drugged & raped in DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
It doesnt mention the name of the "watering hole" but something tells me it was likely one respectable people wouldnt venture out to. Now I am making some assumptions here but the detail about her wearing a "baggy top"....hhhmm, somewhat hard to believe???:ermm:

Luckily I dont believe all I read...especially the propoganda from the Canadian press who apparently are keeping stats of crimes commited in the DR involving foreigners...too bad they dont go into more detail explaining the circumstances and how they likely werent random!!!!

Mar 2, 2008
More details as to place, circumstances, etc, would certainly be helpful.

Many AI resorts constantly tell their customers to 'stay put', usually in an attempt to harvest all the available cash themselves. I'm not saying this reported incidence did not occur. I just have certain reservations without more factual evidence.

It is something so out of the ordinary that it seems a bit surreal.

Mack

Jan 10, 2009
I believe that something happened to Karen, exactly what only she will know. I found this statement somewhat puzzling
They should be telling people it?s dangerous to leave the resort. I didn?t know any better.
This certainly wasn't my experience the first time I visited. Quite the opposite in fact!
Mack.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Just to add.....one can hardly hold any regard for "news" reported in the "Toronto Sun", a newspaper that appeals to those with a lower IQ...I doubt this would be reported in the "Globe and Mail", a newspaper of a much higher calibre, so, take it from where it comes.

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
It's got a lot of "stuff" in it, but I just posted the link so people can see... but apparently that gives me a low IQ.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com

I doubt it. Cdncpl was a resident in Las Galeras who did not live in a resort. 'Karen' was a tourist in Puerto Plata. I would imagine these are 2 distinct events. From the way cdncpl and her partner narrated their story, that was very believable. For the Toronto Sun story, I, personally, would need corroborative evidence. I mean 'stuck a needle in her arm' - subcutaneous? intravenous? Isn't the lacing of drinks more common? No medical knowledge needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.