Us troops, helping haiti or themselves??

bluebayou

Jan 26, 2010
Seems after reading the March issue of Stars and Stripes and looking at some affiliated web sites, it seems that the main objective for troops deployed to Haiti was for Haiti to be used for a training ground for troops that have no combat training,:pirate: getting them ready for Afghanistan rather than rendering services to the earthquake victims in Haiti.
I find this typical of US standards, and seems we are not alone, the Canadian military is using Haiti for the same.
Hummmmm

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
WTF are you talking about. You have links to the articles you are referring to. Or just trying to stir sh!t. I am sure that whatever tha troops are doing in Hatia is more than you are doing. Another armchair quarterback.

Mar 2, 2008
Which issue of Stars and Stripes are you referring to?

Since Stars and Stripes is published daily, it is difficult to discern which issue has the reveling story in it. Please post the issue of interest. I look forward to reading it.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I would find it hard to believe that it would be a MAIN objective as you state.
A secondary or tertiary objective maybe.

A military force is constantly training, practicing or on exercise. If the forces that are currently deployed to Haiti aren't actually engaged in the digging, stopping the looting, coordinating relief efforts, etc, then possibly their commanding officers might take up the opportunity to use this unique scenario as a training aid.

Reactions: mike l

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
What's your agenda sparky?

How about a link as Jumbo suggested.

By the way; impressive body of posts you have here on Haiti1. :tired:

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
I agree with thr OP that this is being used as an opportunity to enhance their presence in the area and possibly to be used as a staging area for future campaigns in Colombia, Venezuela and points south.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I wouldn't mind seeing FARC wiped out or Chavez evicted...so what...? I am not in a position to determine what is best for the US of A...They were elected and selected, let them do it and if you do not agree, vote differently in the next elections.

I think I will post what is supposed to be the best bar joke so far...look in the Clown Bin

HB

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
I am sure the Haitians would agree that it is a small price to pay in exchange for the billions that American taxpayers have been shipping to Haiti.

We could have bought the whole damn country for less.

bluebayou

Jan 26, 2010
I wouldn't mind seeing FARC wiped out or Chavez evicted...so what...? I am not in a position to determine what is best for the US of A...They were elected and selected, let them do it and if you do not agree, vote differently in the next elections.

I think I will post what is supposed to be the best bar joke so far...look in the Clown Bin

HB
Not what's best for the US....what's best for Haiti?

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
I am sure the Haitians would agree that it is a small price to pay in exchange for the billions that American taxpayers have been shipping to Haiti.

We could have bought the whole damn country for less.

Or in the past 100 years of micromanaging the country you could have established an adequate and appropriate government that can/could/would respond to the needs of the people.

Mar 2, 2008
The Pentagon is using Haiti as a Training Ground for Afghanistan

OK Jumbo, I'm just trying to stir up some s***. While your at it, why don't you read up on some other issues in the world. Maybe you'll learn something.
Global research.

I still do not find the link to the original article, only the link to the Global research article, which I think you will admit is not the same thing.

Reading a secondary source that has an agenda is not at all enlightening. I would like to see the context in which the primary source was written, and the specifics they used to document their information.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Apparently that only works in Japan and Germany.

But not in the Phillippines, VietNam, Cambodia, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Panama, Dominican Republic , Jordan, Iran(then), Iraq(now), Taiwan, Kazakstan, Tajikstan and Czech(oSlovakia).
South Korea and Thailand are still a toss.

bluebayou

Jan 26, 2010
I still do not find the link to the original article, only the link to the Global research article, which I think you will admit is not the same thing.

Reading a secondary source that has an agenda is not at all enlightening. I would like to see the context in which the primary source was written, and the specifics they used to document their information.

Why is it someone always has to question authentisity?? You asked for the link, here it is. Make your own mind up, as did I after reading. If you want the direct source, look at all the March issues of Stars and Stripes...it'll give you something to do, rather than question weather someones post is valid.
.....and it is the same thing, Global Research is quoting Stars and Stripes.....

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
But not in the Phillippines, VietNam, Cambodia, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Panama, Dominican Republic , Jordan, Iran(then), Iraq(now), Taiwan, Kazakstan, Tajikstan and Czech(oSlovakia).
South Korea and Thailand are still a toss.

Yep, so now we stick to just sending money and training troops, except in the case of former world superpowers.

I don't think Haiti qualifies...

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I agree with thr OP that this is being used as an opportunity to enhance their presence in the area and possibly to be used as a staging area for future campaigns in Colombia, Venezuela and points south.

limpiate la baba porfi. :)

Amazing how many people criticize the US military wherever.

FYI bozos, I was in Haiti and they needed the US military, remember thousands of criminals were running free, raping, looting and killing.

There are only 2,400 US miltary now and our doing a fantastic job securing the peace for Hatians and thousands of foreign volunteers and missionaries.

Also, fyi thge US miliary's duty is to constantly train, whether that be Colombia, SC or Afghanistan.

Last edited: