Orchidee Restaurant review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chelleyyyyy

Apr 7, 2007
I went to Orchidee Restaurant tonight for dinner with a couple of my girlfriends and I had to post as soon as I got home. This was the best dinner and service we have encountered since being here. Not to mention that the prices were also great!
As soon as we walked in we were greeted with lovely smiles and helped right away. We received our food within 15 minutes of ordering and it was steaming hot and had great flavour. The sevice was great throughout the entire meal and continued all the way until we left.

I can't say enough great things about this place. A must when visiting Sosua.

Reactions: AlaninDR

Rumble2005

Mar 18, 2006
Cool. I have had this place recommended to me by others as well.
I look forward to trying it next week. Is there one entr?e in particular you would recommend?

Chelleyyyyy

Apr 7, 2007
My friend and I had the red pepper goulash (mine with potatoes my friend with pasta) and it was so yummy. The beef was so tender! My other friend had the chicken coco curry spinach cream thai with rice. She loved it! She said it was a good combo of sweet and spicy.
I would reccommend the goulash. I loved it!

spanky27312

Dec 7, 2008
I would love to eat there but the owner is always on vacation the week we come down----last week in june---but things are slow that time of year.

web

Nov 5, 2005
It is open air but can get a little warm up there...the schnitzel with mushroom gravy....incredible...service is outstanding!

pas

Jun 7, 2004
the price to quality is exelent....
great food for a normale price...
tito is a good host

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I have heard nothing but good reviews and must try this place, are they only open for dinner?

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Ditto to all the positive reviews. I've been there many times and the food and service is consistienly good.

The only problem is navigating those stairs with a few drinks in me.

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
I've eaten there and I'll concur that the food is great. I wish they'd open earlier than 6 or 7 p.m. though.

The owner, from Austria, is real nice and he will greet every guest as they enter.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
It is one of our favorite places and have been eating there at least once a week for years. Food is always good, service always excellent and prices very reasonable.

He does close on Tuesday's and is taking his usual 6 week vacation i belive the end of june this year but it may be july. In any event we miss the place when he closes for vacation.

Bob K

RenatoSosua

Bronze
Nov 8, 2006
groups.yahoo.com
A review I wrote Jan 2008

I went there with a friend for diner last night.
The ambiance is good, nicely put red tablecloth and trimmings, a nice welcome from the staff and owner.
The restaurant is on a second floor surrounded by tree branches giving a beautiful green scenery.
I ordered a chicken cordon bleu (it comes with either fries or rice) and a beer (Presidente) total $RD310
The food was excellent, the chicken almost melting in my mouth.
My friend order sea bass with white wine and dill sauce (it come with either rice, fries or German potatoes cooked with onions) and a beer total ($RD350) As you can see the prices are well down to earth. The fish and sauce was also very good.
The always smiling staff comes first after serving telling you "Buen provecho", in the midle of your meal "everything ok?" and at the end "did you enjoy?". I highly recommend this place on Dr.Rosen, you have to look for it because it's hidden from the street.
The menu comes in English, German and Spanish

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I must correct the owners name to Tilo and one of the best waitresses in Sosua Lilian, plus one of the few places still serving mamajuana....is there a shortage of the stuff now. ?

Mar 2, 2008
Say what, Wilson?

I get a mamajuana at every bar I go to, just to sample the different technics used to make it. I have yet to find a bar that doesn't serve it.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I'm surprised nobody have mentioned the pizza there, the best in town in my opinion.

Afgan

Mar 29, 2009
I cannot find Orchadee. Next to Calibri is El Toro Steakhouse (very overpriced).

Before Calibri is a German cafe. Nothing like Orchadee.

Afgan

Mar 29, 2009
It's between Casa Valeria and Rockys.

Really?!

Someone said it was at the end of Pedro Clisante, right next to Hotel Calibri!

Or I am wrong?

(BTW, food in Calibri is good an inexpensive, about 50% of Bayli`s price. We ate there when did not find Orchidee and were pleasantly surprised)

Status
Not open for further replies.