Book Exchange & Coffee

Status
Not open for further replies.

alanamarie

Dec 11, 2007
In case other people are starved for books to read (in English), I thought I'd mention that Cabarete Coffee has a book exchange in their cafe. We had good coffee and very friendly service there today, and I picked up a novel to read on the beach.

ybonabeach

Jan 16, 2008
Thanks

Good to know! I'm always looking for something to read. I'll stop by drop off a dozen or so and pick up a new one! Yippee!!!!!

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
I have a bunch of English novels and usually take them to the bookstore in Sosua for a trade but this sounds like a nice change. A good coffee and books.
Life doesn't get much better.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Just FYI:
Bill's books in Sosua is closing permanently this week. Sorry to see it go. They are sell off the remaining books at a bargin. I picked up 12 books the other day and paid about 400RD.

Bob K

Pansy

Banned
Apr 14, 2009
It is very sad when any book shop closes, but Sosua still has a book shop. The Book Nook is just behind the Checkpoint Bar (or the walkway through to Sosua beach). The shop is open Monday to Friday 10.00am until 3.00pm and has over 2000 books in stock, most are English but there are also some foreign titles.

cassieann

May 9, 2009
Hi Guys
Dont know if you know but there is a book exchange in Costambar also, its in the Anchor,they will let you take a book even if you dont bring one in.
You can also get Coffee there plus lots of other nice things, I always get Bagels and Cookies to go,but i do have a coffee while i am there

Cassieann

Caz

May 15, 2004
There are also lots of books available for free in the Britannia Bar and a number of the other bars in Sosua - they ask for a donation for a local charity but that is at your discretion.

Status
Not open for further replies.