Punta Cana Uvero Alto condo villa prices

chicataina

Apr 14, 2010
I am researching condos and villas in the Punta Cana & Uvero Alto area. In the price range of $US 250K . The listings I?ve seen are high for the current economic condition. There are 2br condos in the Cortecito area listing for over $US 300k. I saw a posting here with tips on making offer (if you are not embarrassed by your offer it?s too much). Does the tip apply to the above areas? Welcome any comments or suggestions on purchasing a condo or villa in the Punta Cana area.
I recently saw two episodes of House Hunter International (Punta Cana) and the two properties sold for asking price?

Gracias,
Chicataina

Suez02

Jul 8, 2009
You need to look around a bit more. There is a wide range of prices in that area. Some very nice condos are a lot less $ than that.

GeoCo

Oct 7, 2008
There's a beachfront development in Uvero Alto where you might be able to pick up a good deal at that price. PM me if you're interested and I'll give you the details.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
I'll be in Punta Cana / el Cortecito in two weeks shopping for a condo. Like Chicataina I'm curious about pricing and negotiations in that area. I've searched extensively online and found a number of properties in my price range. Here in the U.S. prices are governed by actual previous SALE prices, (public info), NOT by what a seller THINKS/dreams the value is. I'm interested in both re-sales and sales by developer (completed units only.)

I know many factors go into the price... location, the property / complex, motivation of seller etc... but I'm hoping maybe there are some basic rules of thumb or local customs to go by. I'm looking to spend about US $150K SALE price... how much should I be shopping for in asking price... 160K??? More???? Less????? Help! :)

GeoCo

Oct 7, 2008
Remember that you're in a buyer's market. If I were you I would basically ignore asking prices. Just look for something that suits you and make an offer.

It may be harsh for sellers but the fact is there are people who purchased property three or four years ago, hoping to make a quick profit, now happy to get back what they paid.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
gonna try to bump this up a bit.

I'm still looking for specific info about how much lower than asking price I can reasonably offer on a condo in Punta Cana (El Cortecito), (although I realize P.C. isn't the focus of dr1). I don't want to overpay, NOR do I want to lowball. I wouldn't be so forward as to ask actual prices anyone has paid, but it would be a help to know roughly what percentage less than asking price I should be offering. This would be especially helpful with regard to new properties being sold by developers in TODAY'S market, (not the inflated prices of 2006 - 2008). -- Do they even negotiate at all? Or are the prices on new properties set in stone? (I think I can figure it out for resales.)

chicataina

Apr 14, 2010
pricing a condo in Punta Cana area

I was told by a real estate agent not to expect foreclosure prices in the Punta Cana area. Prices quoted for a 3br 3 bath villa home in the Punta Village community was of 200-300K US$. I have seen the same listings for over 6 months and would feel confortable offering 200K for a home listed at 300k.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
News from Punta Cana. We're back from our short shopping trip to P.C., which was very successful due to the invaluable help and guidance of my EXCELLENT r.e. agent. (don't know if I'm allowed to mention her name here on the forum, but will gladly share it privately)

The higher price points 200k US and up are still moving slowly, but the very hot segment of the market are the condos in the 150k US range. Over the period of a few weeks I was watching the listings, I saw the available units in the better projects I was interested in, dwindle to a few here and there, obviously the less desirable selections in any given complex. I elected to purchase in CorteSea, still under construction, and found an excellent 2 br 2 ba penthouse with 1237 sq. ft. My real estate agent was able to secure a modest but meaningful discount off the asking price, in addition to a couple of modifications and additions to the condo. The developer was excellent to work with, and was fair and open minded to the conditions of sale.

If you're looking for a "fire sale", it's not going to happen. When the economic downturn happened, many of the projects stalled or failed, and the inventory from the better, more solvent developers has been shrinking. For example, in Corte Sea, of the 24 planned units, 10 are already pre sold. Oppsss... make that 11 now, LOL. There are several excellent bargains available in the re-sale market, and they were very tempting, but we decided to go with new construction.

The price for a vacation condo near the beach in Punta Cana, D.R. is still a bargain compared to any other place I looked, including my favorite little sea-side town in New Jersey, USA. A similar property there would cost more than double what I paid, with a usable summer season of only 10 or 12 weeks. Do the math, the choice is a no-brainer.

Anyone interested in property in the Punta Cana area, especially El Cortecito, is welcomed to message me for what ever small help I can offer.

GeoCo

Oct 7, 2008
Are you referring to Las Dunas in Uvero Alto?

I've heard that construction will soon resume and there may be some bargains to be had! The apartments are huge with fabulous seaviews and direct beach access.

GeoCo

Oct 7, 2008
I looked at this development in early 2008 and was very impressed. I almost bought a property but then I heard all sorts of bad things about the developer. Has everything been resolved?

GeoCo

Oct 7, 2008
Government representative is having a meeting with Las Dunas developers, and group of owners, and brokers in next two weeks. They should continue with construction of apartments behind the pool, and administration will be changed.
The problem was (is) with the owner of the parcel. (laundry with suavitel)

I can see still on internet few agencies still offering Villas Mar Azul for sale. That is apsurd, and they don't know what they are selling then.

Aren't Las Dunas and Villas Mar Azul part of the same development. I don't understand why the situation with Las Dunas is being resolved but not Villas Mar Azul.

GeoCo

Oct 7, 2008
In the next two weeks is going to be update for Las Dunas. Last meeting was a week ago, and there is another one next week with developers. They are starting with the construction of buildings behind the pool.

Does anybody have more recent information regarding this development?

tnford

Dec 29, 2010
Considering buy at cort sea

Greetings,

Thank you so much for the info on Corta-Sea. I am interested in purchasing in Punta Cana and the Corta-Sea seems very appealing. I am interested in talking with you about the process and learning more about your realtor. I am looking for a condo from a reputable developer, I would like to hear more about your experience with this developer. Most interested in your offering process, it seems like you managered that part well.

I will be traveling in February to search for my dream property. Any insight you can give is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
T

tnford

Dec 29, 2010
News from Punta Cana. We're back from our short shopping trip to P.C., which was very successful due to the invaluable help and guidance of my EXCELLENT r.e. agent. (don't know if I'm allowed to mention her name here on the forum, but will gladly share it privately)

The higher price points 200k US and up are still moving slowly, but the very hot segment of the market are the condos in the 150k US range. Over the period of a few weeks I was watching the listings, I saw the available units in the better projects I was interested in, dwindle to a few here and there, obviously the less desirable selections in any given complex. I elected to purchase in CorteSea, still under construction, and found an excellent 2 br 2 ba penthouse with 1237 sq. ft. My real estate agent was able to secure a modest but meaningful discount off the asking price, in addition to a couple of modifications and additions to the condo. The developer was excellent to work with, and was fair and open minded to the conditions of sale.

If you're looking for a "fire sale", it's not going to happen. When the economic downturn happened, many of the projects stalled or failed, and the inventory from the better, more solvent developers has been shrinking. For example, in Corte Sea, of the 24 planned units, 10 are already pre sold. Oppsss... make that 11 now, LOL. There are several excellent bargains available in the re-sale market, and they were very tempting, but we decided to go with new construction.

The price for a vacation condo near the beach in Punta Cana, D.R. is still a bargain compared to any other place I looked, including my favorite little sea-side town in New Jersey, USA. A similar property there would cost more than double what I paid, with a usable summer season of only 10 or 12 weeks. Do the math, the choice is a no-brainer.

Anyone interested in property in the Punta Cana area, especially El Cortecito, is welcomed to message me for what ever small help I can offer.

Greetings,

Thank you so much for the info on Corta-Sea. I am interested in purchasing in Punta Cana and the Corta-Sea seems very appealing. I am interested in talking with you about the process and learning more about your realtor. I am looking for a condo from a reputable developer, I would like to hear more about your experience with this developer. Most interested in your offering process, it seems like you managered that part well.

I will be traveling in February to search for my dream property. Any insight you can give is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
T

tequila

Oct 24, 2008
condo purchase

We purchased a condo in Bavaro about 2 years ago. I will send you a private email if you wish to chat.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
Hi tnford. thanks for you kind words and I'm sure you're excited anticipating your purchase. I sent you a private message, so check your inbox. Let me know if I can be of any help.

CaptnGlenn.

john_tn

Jan 20, 2010
I purchased a condo in the Cortecito area in March of last year. I looked at many condos in the area including Corte-Sea. The real estate agent that I used was very good. If you have questions, PM me.