Machine Controls PLC Programming in DR

I just returned after spending a week in Santiago doing some PLC programming and troubleshooting for one of the textile firms there. I fell in love with the country and the people. I was amazed at how much industry was there. My question is, how would I go about advertising to Industrial customers our services in machine controls design and support? Who are the main providers on the island? How could we provide controls engineering services to them? I'm interested in setting up something locally if the oportunities are there.

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
Welcome. We have about 300 pumps and valves running off a an Allen Bradley plc. We have our own instrument guys who can fix and do some programming. We do not have in house engineering.

My guess is take two weeks vacation and pound the pavement. We will have a new system to be designed (we need some wireless on our SCADA network and we will probably use the guy in Montreal who designed the rest of the system.

Automation Opportunities in DR

Thanks for the heads up DR Guy. It sounds as if your in waste water treatment. I thought about pounding the pavement when I was there however it doesnt seem possible to simply walk up to a facility. The compound where I did the work was guarded and they actually asked the taxi driver and I to exit the vehicle in order to check it when entering and leaving the compound. My wife had lived in the North for about a year and she really would like to go back. Here in the States we have been working a lot with Building controls and energy management systems using OPTO22.

Last edited by a moderator:

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
Actually in the resource business. Out 4 of our instrument guys work shifts. I am sure they would be available to do contract work during the days and their days off. Good Luck

I would like to be connected with some sales organisation that has connections with industrial clients. Are there people intereted in energy conservation? We have connections with manufacturers of induction flourescent technology. 50% energy reduction. 5yr replacement garantee. 100000 hr life.