Blood Work Laboratory in Charamicos? Info needed plz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Hello,

Can anyone provide me with info on the laboratory that does blood work in Charamicos?

Like name of the laboratory, directions (more exact location), even better if anyone knows the phone number or hours of operation (particularly if they are open on Saturdays?)

Thanks in advance for the assistance!

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
I would just go to the new hospital in Sosua (Centro Medico Cabarete) on the main road just east of town. They have a lab on site.

Bob K

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I agree with Bob. The lab in the new hospital between Sosua and Cabarerte is your best bet.

Mar 2, 2008
Definitely the new CMC lab, as Bob and Ken stated.

It is a brand new facility, and they have as up-to-date equipment as you will find in the DR (or at least outside of SD).

Is easy to get to. The facility is on the main road between Sosua and Cabarette. It is clearly marked, on the left hand side of the road, about a mile or so past the Texaco station, driving toward Caberette.

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Yes I live right near the CMC and even had to stay there for a few days, and it's a nice hospital.

However for the bloodwork results you usually have to wait a few days I believe.

Whereas at this lab in Charamicos I was told you get the results within 15 minutes. Unfortunatly my friend that told me about it, didn't remember anything except that it's a lab in Charamicos.....

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Yes I live right near the CMC and even had to stay there for a few days, and it's a nice hospital.

However for the bloodwork results you usually have to wait a few days I believe.

Whereas at this lab in Charamicos I was told you get the results within 15 minutes. Unfortunatly my friend that told me about it, didn't remember anything except that it's a lab in Charamicos.....

Maybe an hour or two, depending on the urgency of the results, but certainly not a 'few days' for the bloods at CMC - well, not in our experience anyway.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
If you are getting your resutls in a few minutes and it is more then a pregnancy test, urine analysis, or a blood count then someone is making up the results. It is impossible to do most blood work in a couple of minutes.

I stand by using the labe at the new hospital.

Bob K

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Sos?a is so large that you can't do what Dr. (retired) BobK is telling you is the best way to go about it???

Sheesh!

HB

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Hillbilly - I have never disputed what Dr.BobK has said about CMC. Just questioned about how long the results take based on what someone else had told me.

Sheesh! :)

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
If I were the patient, my primary concern would be the reputation/reliability of the establishment where my lab work would be analyzed versus the speed of the turnaround time. As mentioned, some labs take longer than others for results to be ready.

Aug 21, 2007
If I were the patient, my primary concern would be the reputation/reliability of the establishment where my lab work would be analyzed versus the speed of the turnaround time. As mentioned, some labs take longer than others for results to be ready.

I have nothing but good things to say about CMC.

However, Dominican Crossroads, the foundation with whom I volunteer, uses both CMC and the lab in Los Charimicos for patients attending our medical clinics. BOTH labs are reliable and professional. In some cases, one is less expensive than the other.

We have never had problems with accuracy or turnaround time with either lab.

The biggest difference - and perhaps the only difference- between the two is the clientele served.

Lindsey

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
I have nothing but good things to say about CMC.

However, Dominican Crossroads, the foundation with whom I volunteer, uses both CMC and the lab in Los Charimicos for patients attending our medical clinics. BOTH labs are reliable and professional. In some cases, one is less expensive than the other.

We have never had problems with accuracy or turnaround time with either lab.

The biggest difference - and perhaps the only difference- between the two is the clientele served.

Lindsey

Maybe I didnt make myself clear in my last line....when I said some labs take longer, I used the word in the context of "lab tests/anaylses", not locations.

I was making a general statement about reputation....I am not familiar with either site mentioned so wouldnt comment.

Sorry for any confusion;)

Reactions: LindseyKaufman

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Going into Charimicos at the corner of Caribe Tours you walk down and turn left. Go to the first street and turn right and it is on your left.

As far as their work, they have been in business a long time and have a very good reputation. I have used them and would not hesitate to use them again. Not fancy, but efficient, and recommended by many Doctors.

Reactions: alicious

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
lab

the lab that Sky is writing about is Labaratory Mervin. Its nearly across the street from the commercial supermarket.There is a large sign outside but its not right on the street. You have to walk between shops to the entrance. The sign is clearly visible from the stree. Any motoconcho will know. I have used them a number of times. Blood exams the same day, inexpensive and good service. Same price for gringo's as locals!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.