Do Dominican women make good wives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 3, 2003
I have American and European friends who have asked me this question. Honestly, I have been quite negative lately on all things Dominican even though I am Dominican.

So to be fair to my friends, I'd like the DR1 community to voice their opinions on this. Then my friends can read it here for themselves and make up their own mind.

My counter points are that generally speaking many Dominican women are quite materialistic, selfish and not predisposed to being the lovey dovey type. Many men also fall into this genre myself included. I am working diligently to change that behavior though. It is an ugly trait.

Those out there in DR1, please prove me wrong.

Reactions: mike l

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Well, why dont you put your pros and cons and personal experiences here 1st? Dont let me usurp you but its nice if the original poster has biases first before you offer an insightful opinion.

I dont know if they all do, I only know MY experience, which I will reserve for right now.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
I know one.

One of my friends has a very close girlfriend. She goes out partying, shopping and to the movies with her and she has been around all manner of guys trying to hit on her and she doesn't budge. This is a very beautiful Woman and she drives her own car, lives in a nice place and dresses well and speaks a little very passable English. Many men..Dominican, American, European, whatever have gone down in flames trying. This Woman is married to a guy who lives and works in Puerto Rico and he comes home once a month or so and goes back to PR.

I know that many other Women who have been in a similar position have found time for other Men in their lives but this one hasn't.

So to answer your question, I know one.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
How long is a piece of string?

Like many things in life, they come in all shapes, sizes, qualities, ages and temperaments.

Many Dominican woman are very family centric, which is something I enjoy about the culture. Plus they have a couple of other qualities I enjoy...

magote

Mar 22, 2010
I have been happily married to one for 29 years.
However, many dominican women marry foreigners for their money or to get a visa. I think if a foreign man finds a Dominican woman who truly loves him, and is not primarily interested in his money or in qualifying for a visa, then he has found a good thing.

Reactions: RacerX

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Well my grandfather ( my mom's dad) he was a farmer but a smart man,
all my life heard him to say this phrase:
Las mujeres se buscan como las vacas, por la raza!
What he was trying to say is that when you are to choose a woman to be your wife you will have to know her family first to see if she will be or no a good.

JJ

Tom F.

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I suggest marrying up, it's worked for me. I think you can go back to Hillbilly's golden rules. Check out the family, it comes first. Most are excellent cooks (I like rice and beans), mothers, and keep a solid home. The marrying types demand the man to do there part also. No son facil.

POPNYChic

Bronze
Jul 27, 2009
uuuhhhhh some are. some arent. like any people from any country?

as robert said many are very family oriented and extremely loyal and loving.

others are cold-hearted snakes.

and many other variations.

this shouldnt even be a question. are dominicans monolithic now? what society is these days?

if you dont like your origins thats kind of a personal issue. not anyone elses fault. you dont have to look very far to see the good that counterbalances the bad, but if you dont wanna see it, who can force you to?

Last edited:
Reactions: mike l and Vacara

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I have American and European friends who have asked me this question. Honestly, I have been quite negative lately on all things Dominican even though I am Dominican.

So to be fair to my friends, I'd like the DR1 community to voice their opinions on this. Then my friends can read it here for themselves and make up their own mind.

If your friends are asking your opinion, then it is your opinion they want, not ours. So........give them your opinion O&C. If you take this to ridiculous lengths you'll be asking us what you should have for breakfast....:cheeky:

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
11 years, already, and no complaints worth airing. Observation #1 - Dominican women in general are very feminine. My wife is compassionate, independent, strong willed, and intelligent - none of these charaterictics are related to her being Dominican. Her lack of imagination when it comes to food - this is related to her being Dominican.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
11 years, already, and no complaints worth airing. Observation #1 - Dominican women in general are very feminine. My wife is compassionate, independent, strong willed, and intelligent - none of these charaterictics are related to her being Dominican. Her lack of imagination when it comes to food - this is related to her being Dominican.

Tired of rice and red beans, bob? Use Hamburger Helper.

JFD

Feb 10, 2010
My theory now is that Dominican women, in general, are good (good wives, good persons, good friends...) and Dominican men, in general, are not so good.

So to answer your question, Dominican women are much better wives than Dominican men are as husband.

At least it's been positive in my case for the last 18 years :).

Status
Not open for further replies.