Is there a legal recourse?

notanewbie

Apr 20, 2010
Being an owner in a Condo Association, we have encountered many difficulties with another owner. We both reside here full time.
On more than one occasion there have been instances of verbal abuse, slandering, personal insults and threats. Last night we encountered another onslaught. For many years this individual has been allowed to intimidate and bully other owners and tenants and I am asking if there is a legal option we can take to have this stopped. It is affecting the quality of our lives and it would also be my opinion the value of our property. I do not have a cedula or fluent Spanish skills. I would appreciate any advice that may be offered.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
You can go to the police station and report him for threatening you. Then you will need to pay a fiscal to serve him some papers. (500-2000 pesos depending what mood they are in) You will both need to appear before a judge at the same police station at a later date who will ask you both to sign a contract stating that you will be nice to each other.

If he doesn't show up you can file a complaint about that. You will be given a new date and he will be forced to attend, in handcuffs if necessary.

If he does and then either of you break the agreement you will be arrested. I'm not sure what happens after that.

Reactions: Chip

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Being an owner in a Condo Association, we have encountered many difficulties with another owner. We both reside here full time.
On more than one occasion there have been instances of verbal abuse, slandering, personal insults and threats. Last night we encountered another onslaught. For many years this individual has been allowed to intimidate and bully other owners and tenants and I am asking if there is a legal option we can take to have this stopped. It is affecting the quality of our lives and it would also be my opinion the value of our property. I do not have a cedula or fluent Spanish skills. I would appreciate any advice that may be offered.

I take it that he's a big mean MF and nobody has the balls to stand up to him. What about your condo's administrator? Can't he do anything? The legal route can be a long and $$ hassle.

Reactions: Bronxboy

notanewbie

Apr 20, 2010
The administrator has been requested to deal with this. So far, I haven't had any response other than to ask me what I wanted done! I explained and silence has followed. I hope somebody grows a pair soon!