Tiguerita - Hubby's PR visa for Canada issued today!

tiguerita

Jan 5, 2004
Happy to annnounce we are ready to be moved to the completed timelines!!! :bunny:

For anyone who is trying to gauge their timeline based on ours... factors that may or may not have helped (we will never know):

We have known each other for 10 years, we have a son who is 4 and we submitted a request for accelerated processing in November and again in February (family reasons).

We are in no way a HSM (Haiti Special Measures) case so Dominican cases are being worked on :D

Good Luck to everyone!!!
Can't wait to be flight shopping.

tiguerita

Jan 5, 2004
Thank you

Sangria, Sunflower333, Jess1, AnnaC

Thank you for the congratulations and especially for your postings on the message board, it really helped me deal with the whole process.

My husband and I just spoke about the best date for his trip here, we are aiming for the last week of May. It's gonna be a great summer :cheeky:

Oh.. also... My husband said that when he went to pick up his passport there were about 6 or 7 other Dominicans (not HSM) there for the same reason.

Last edited:

Gr?goria

Feb 1, 2009
So Happy for you !!! I wish you and you family a very happy life !!
And thank you for the up date it is comforting to know that it is moving :)

AmyH

Dec 5, 2006
Congrats to you and your husband that is awesome news. Wish you all the best in your new life together in Canada. Hope he has a safe flight when he comes.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Thanks everyone! We booked our flights, it's so exciting :)
Did you book a window seat for him?? I asked my wife to do this for me, as it was my first time I want to enjoy the experience of the view from the plane.

JJ

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
Did you book a window seat for him?? I asked my wife to do this for me, as it was my first time I want to enjoy the experience of the view from the plane.

JJ

Great Point!

We did the same and my husband was glued to the window....he is still talking about seeing all the lights of Toronto as we landed.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
The second time I flew from STI to MIA the plane took off in a different direction this time heading onto Santiago City and I could see the roof of my mom's house, the monument and all the places where I used to hang out all my life.

That was a big experience that I won't forget never in my life.

JJ

tiguerita

Jan 5, 2004
Seat Selection

JJ

Hi JJ,

No :eek: I decided not to pay the surcharge for seat selection ($15 ea. on WestJet). My husband lived in Italy almost 10 years and travelled back and forth quite a bit so... I'm just hopeing we can sit together :cheeky:

I got a good deal ($265 one way PUJ-YUL and $516 return YUL-PUJ) so I'm going to go down, try and get some of my own DR paperwork done, and we will travel back together.

One thing I am wondering about is when he will be processed as a permanent resident (we have a connection YYZ-YUL with only 3 hours between flights). I called the CIC and they said they could not predict what border services would do and had no idea how long the process is... so... I'm gonna try calling border service later and see if they can offer any more.